Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The Answer to Jeff B's arrow problems >

The Answer to Jeff B's arrow problems

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Answer to Jeff B's arrow problems

Old 07-03-2004, 03:14 PM

Default The Answer to Jeff B's arrow problems

Enjoy...let me know how you like them

Link Here
Old 07-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Answer to Jeff B's arrow problems

Is this guy for real? Can get a super bouncy ball out of a bubble gum machine for $.025... But I think it might bounce off. IE same reason paintballs don't penetrate.

[8D]
Old 07-03-2004, 11:29 PM

There probably is some truth in this. Wouldn't the ball create some uniform turbulance and prevent the broadhead from planing?

Couldn't you just accomplish the same effect with a styrofoam ball?

What if the broadhead could be completely covered with a discarding sabot that would release upon impact with the animal. Might make it like you were shooting an arrow with a giant field point, not an fixed bladed broadhead with 'steering wings' up front.

Hello, NAP...
Old 07-04-2004, 03:04 AM

ROTFLMAO!
Old 07-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how much beer was involved with the development of this "fine and useful product."[8D]
Old 07-04-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

I wonder how much beer was involved with the development of this "fine and useful product."[8D]

German beer to boot...

Hey Jeff, I'll be coming to the Weaknecht Archery show in a couple weeks, are you going to be there? Drop me an e-mail to let me know [email protected]

Regards, Pat
Old 07-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, Pat, I will be there on Saturday. Hope to get some other BBS guys there and maybe do the shoot together. PM'd Frank about this but so far got no response. Sorry I missed you last time. Don't want to miss out again!

This product may acutally work exactly as advertised. Just don't see the need with a well-tuned setup.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ROTFLMAO!

hehe
Old 07-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

And if they don't work (and I'm sure they would ), With a little wire and some fiddling I could possibly turn my arrows into a microphone for Kareoke..WHOOT!

With all the incredible technology Germany designed during the time of the Third Reich (V series rockets, ME-262, King Tigers, hell..even the MP-44), this is the best they can come up with today?

Yeesh...
Old 07-05-2004, 03:05 PM

The unstable aerodynamics on the curvatures of the "ball" would most likely cause inconsistent lift, nose- diving, and right or left veering. Not to mention how much it would slow an arrow.

The best innovation I have seen in an attempt to eliminate planing, which was a long time ago, was a paper-material cone that slipped over the head. The idea was that the material was tough but thin enough that the broadhead would punch through the cone upon impact and the cone was aerodynamically stable. I guess the invention never caught on.

Quick Reply: The Answer to Jeff B's arrow problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.