Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ultra-nok

Old 06-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ultra-nok

I am very interested in putting one of these on my bow,with the amount of shooting i do my serving is taking a beating.I am not interested in the rope string loop,I have had one previously and just dont have any confidence in it.I am shooting off the string now.
Does anyone here use one and what do they think of it,pros and cons.Also how much speed am i going to loose.
I am also thinking on the no-peep----I really like the concept.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ultra-nok

I've been using the ultra-nok for years now and love it. I know that I'm loosing speed, but I also know that it will never move, come off, and is exremely easy to link my realease to.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a metal loop for years as well. I first had an Ultra Nok XL and for the past couple of years I've used a Trunok with the alignment feature. I know most guys on this sight don't like them, but I have had zero problems with mine. I, like you, just don't feel confident in a rope. I don't know how much speed I'm losing, but it isn't enough for me to care about and it certainly doesn't hurt my success.....and I clip to it with ease as well.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

just make sure that by adding the extra inch with the ultra nok that it doesn't change your anchor point. i know it doesn't sound like much but it can greatly effect your grouping. and it doesn't take much to roll on a new serving. hope this helps
Old 06-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why don't you have any confidence in a string loop? I have been using one for about ten years now and never has it failed nor have I ever thought it would fail. Once it is tied in it's not going anywhere.

I tried the ultra nock a number of years ago and did not care for it at all. The string loop is far superior to the metal loops out on the market.

I would rather shoot off the string with a double jaw release than use a metal loop.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I tried the ultra nock a number of years ago and did not care for it at all. The string loop is far superior to the metal loops out on the market.

I would rather shoot off the string with a double jaw release than use a metal loop.
I agree totally.

The U-nock is bad on servings (underneath where you cannot see), bad on release jaws, and slows your bow down needlessly.

A good compromise would be the Tru-Ball system that has a metal peep aligner with a loop around each side. It works better than a full metal "loop" but IME, is still not up to snuff.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:18 AM

I personnaly would never use a metal type loop on my bow -- way to many negatives, I will briefly list some things I have seen:

- I have seen them come loose and cause either damage or injury.
- They add a lot od weight to the bow.
- They have been know to damage releases.
- They travel forward significantly on the shot, I have seen them hit and damage rests on short brace bows.
- They DO damage your string and serving where they are clamped on.
- I have seen them rip into a guys arm and cause a nice big cut.

I have been using tied on loops for years and never had a proble -- if you lack confidence in a ties on one, there are a couple of types that are installed differently that cannot come off.

Just my Opinion!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

used one for years never had any problems
Old 06-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was talking to my dealer and he also recomended me to use the string loop.He has convinced me to give it another try.
Bigbulls----I lost my confidence a while back when a friend tied one on for me(I didn't know how to tie the not)Anyways i noticed the knot was slipping just as i began to draw the bow,Thank god this didn't happen when i was at full draw.I am going to get my dealer to show me how to tie one and i'll do this myself(a little reasurance).
I was reading all of your replys and i think some of you also have me convinced.I really dont want to loose alot of speed with the steel nock.To those guys who do use one,hay if it works for ya,then all the power to ya--your oviously happy with it but i am going to try the rope again once more.But thanx for the replys guys,I really do appreciate it.
I also am ordering the no-peep tomorrow-I heard alot of good reviews about it.
One more question----Everyone with the string loop,When you tie it on do you lock it down with a nock,or tie serving at the ends to prevent slippage .Anyone with a few pics to show there setup would be greatly appreciated------Also pics of the no-peep if possible
Old 06-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't have any pics but I have never used anything other than the string to hold itself in place. It has never moved on me at all. When you tie one on make sure that you have a good ball on the end of the loop so that it won't pull thru. Also tie the top opposite from the bottom.

Quick Reply: Ultra-nok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.