Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 MZE for Mathews??? >

MZE for Mathews???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MZE for Mathews???

Old 06-18-2004, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default MZE for Mathews???

Does anyone have any experience with the MZE on a Mathews?(The new Mathews w/roller guards)
Old 06-18-2004, 06:10 AM

Default RE: MZE for Mathews???

BOWFANATIC,I had a MZE on my LX since March of 03,a great rest.I've had them on three bows.Everyone of them has been flawless.As you can tell,I'm a big fan of the MZE,but like I said,I had one on my LX.I changed the grip to a Shrewd and the MZE was catching my index finger.It was'nt alot,but it was enough,so I put a T-R Drop-Zone on the LX,and I've been very pleased with it's preformance.You can't go wrong with the MZE,and it looks like the T-R DZ is a winner also.By the way,If you go with the MZE,make sure that the cable attachment is secure to the cable.Either by using a Winners Choice cable,or serve the area with xtra serving before you attach the cable attachment ,for a firm hold.Funny thing happened,I put the Mathews grip back on the LX,and kept the T-R DZ on the bow!!!Good Luck..Bob
Old 06-18-2004, 07:02 AM

I think the Mathews MZE is a super design...better IMO than the cable slide one.

If you like the old MZE you should love the roller guard design.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:55 PM

The MZE works great on my Icon. Unlike trestand, I didn't have a problem with the rest when I swithched to the shrewd handgrip. I do have to retune, but that's not the fault of the rest.
Good Luck
Allen
Old 06-19-2004, 07:23 AM

Allen:

Bob is a big dude with large hands and a long draw length. I've seen this problem before with guys like him having those big hands in the way. There is a way to correct this problem in most cases.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well , I guess I'll find out very soon what all the hoopla is over the MZE. I just got my ebay notification of the winning bid for a MZE right hand for Mathews roller guard bows. $61 including shipping!