Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New user with peep questions >

New user with peep questions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New user with peep questions

Old 06-14-2004, 06:32 PM

Default New user with peep questions

I'm new to posting, so we'll see how this go's. I was wondering what peoples opinion are regarding shooting peeps with or without rubber tubing. I have had a cybertec about a year. This was the first bow I ever used a peep sight on. I am currently using rubber tubing, but it seems like the only noise my bow makes is from the rubber tubing. I do not shoot a zebra twist string. If I go to a "no tubing peep" will I experience string twist etc?? Is it that much of a problem? How about with a zebra twist string?

Dan

60# Cybertec
terminator arrows
NAP mechanical broadheads (pending)
Formerly - Oneida H-250 (the original)
Old 06-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New user with peep questions

you can and will most of the time experience twist ,even with a Zebra or a Winners Choice, but they twist less. Go to a loop type release aid on your string with a peer aligner andthe problem is solved, something like either of these.

or

Old 06-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a winners choice , or vapor trail , string and a fletcher true peep in the 3/16s inch size and you will gain speed , lose allot of noise [compared to the rubber band setup] and have an excelent sight picture , that will work in low light .
Old 06-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

I've gone back to the tubing. I like a large apeture peep and I want it aligned perfect. I've had more problems in critical hunting situations with peep alignment when not using a tube. Either it doesn't align right or on the types that split the string three ways the string interferes with the sight picture. Maybe play with the length of the tubing, really shouldn't make much noise.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:02 PM

I've used both styles and currently have a C-Peep that aligns with tubing. To be honest these types of "opinion" questions are tough because everyone is going to have their own preference. In this case you might just want to go out and purchase a peep setup opposite of what you currently have. It isn't that much of an investment and you still have time to switch back to your original peep prior to season if you don't like the self aligning version.

Good luck,
MD Piney
Old 06-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get rid of the peep sight and go with the NO-PEEP.It will extend your hunting time in low light conditions and will also show any torque or variations in your form--if used properly you will anchor the same on every shot.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

Get a winners choice , or vapor trail , string and a fletcher true peep in the 3/16s inch size and you will gain speed , lose allot of noise [compared to the rubber band setup] and have an excelent sight picture , that will work in low light .
My thoughts exactly. High quality aftermarket string + string loop + fletcher tru-peep= no problems

I've been shooting this kind of set-up exclusively for the past 4 years without an issue once the string was shot in (and depending on the string maker and length of string, sometimes they never creep at all from day one).
Old 06-15-2004, 08:11 AM

No - peep. If I remember correctly, is that device that attaches to the riser and serves as a "rear sight" just behind your sight pins? Also, i have always used a Kisser button so anchor points are not a real problem for me. Thaks for the info
Old 06-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The NO-PEEP is a sighting aid--the hindsight is the one that is used with your pins to aim.I've tried the hindsight and prefer the NO-PEEP by far.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:10 PM

I had the same problem you did with the rubber tubing peep. I got a peep ( the manuf. slips me at the moment) that splits the string three ways and a tru nock and never had any more trouble with it. Curently I am using a hind sight and love it ; I seem to be in the minority for that but thats ok to, but that helped more than the new peep.

Quick Reply: New user with peep questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.