HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   bowtech freedom cam draw stop? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/63149-bowtech-freedom-cam-draw-stop.html)

dixie bowhunter 06-08-2004 04:59 PM

bowtech freedom cam draw stop?

I just recently downloaded the 2004 manual off bowtechs website.I noticed that they had the drawstop settings for the freedom cam marked down.Are these the recommended settings to get peak preformance out of the bow or just for the exact draw length the module is supposed to be for?My f4 module is for a 27" draw length and I have been shooting it set on the 6.5 mark.When I set it on the 8.7 mark that is recommended in the manual it feels too short with too much bend in my bowarm.My main concern is does my bow lose any preformance this far back in the valley?Should I try a 28" module and see if it fits better instead of the 27"?I have also heard that you do not want the draw stop set too far back as it could cause the cam to over rotate and damage the cable.I know you can play with the stop a little to get your exact fit but 6.5 seems a lot different than 8.7 setting.Seeing as how I am a short draw archer anyway I want every fps I can get out of my bow.When I purchased my bow my dealer just put the f4 module in had me draw it back too where I was comfortable and slid the draw stop too where it touched the limb and tightened it down.But since I have been reading the manual I think I might should get a 28" module.Any help or info would be appreciated.Thanks!:)

Matt / PA 06-08-2004 06:44 PM

RE: bowtech freedom cam draw stop?

Dixie........if I'm reading all that correctly:;)

If you have a Freedom cam with a #4 mod and you're talking 8.7 post settings I assume that you have a Justice.....I'm not sure why the dealer set your bow as they did.

The 8.7 post setting for the F4 mod is 80% at 27"........at the 6.5 post setting you are over rotating the cam to get your draw length.
The physical difference between the 2 settings is pushing 1/2" that's why you feel short.
The post settings are designed more to give some DOWNWARD adjustment of draw length and also lowering let off and valley a bit......by mixing and matching modules and post settings carefully a shooter can find their desired let-off and draw length. The draw stop is not to be used as a draw length adjuster by itself.

You need a F3.5 module which will give you what amounts to your 27.5" draw length.

Justice: F3.5 @ 9.2 post setting = 27.5" and 80% let off.

This should give you back the draw length you lost when you placed the post correctly for the #4 mod.
If the #3.5 is still too short then try a #3 @7.4 post setting...another reason you might want a #3 is if you desire a draw length AND let-off under 28"/80%.

I'm guessing the 3.5 module at the proper setting will do the trick.
Follow the manual specs to start with with regards to post settings, see how the bow feels and then play a bit to get your personal desired let-off/valley etc.

dixie bowhunter 06-09-2004 12:52 PM

Thanks for the info Matt.Gonna have my dealer order me a 3.5 module and try it out and see how it feels.:)

Bowtech Hunter 06-11-2004 03:43 PM

dixie bowhunter, I'm looking for an F4 cam. If you decide to get rid of it, let me know. You can e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks

Trushot_archer 06-11-2004 04:33 PM

Well put by Matt. I can speak for the over rotated cam as well. My Mighty Mite ate the string quick and didn't perform nearly as well as when I changed it to where it was supposed to be.