Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Outback cam alinement question >

Outback cam alinement question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Outback cam alinement question

Old 06-05-2004, 08:43 PM

Default Outback cam alinement question

I had a post reference getting a new string and the axel to axel being 1/4 inch long and the brace height being 1/8 short. Thanks for all the help people. I found that I didn't have to worry about that.
I was told to check the cam alinement. I checked and the timing holes don't line up parrallel to the string. Will that make a difference how the bow performs? Should I try to get that problem corrected? Would it take a new string to correct the problem? I would appreciate all the help I can get.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:04 PM

Default RE: Outback cam alinement question

If your ATA and brace height are a little long, I would guess that your string has stretched from factory specs. You should try and put about 5 or 6 twists in your string and watch to see if it rotates your cam into a better location for the factory recomended setting.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:43 AM

Default RE: Outback cam alinement question

Well it's always been praised that single cams still shoot well when they're out of time ! I agree with this some.........but I have always shot best when the cam timing is correct !!

If you have a press ..........try WWAG suggestion..........when I changed strings I also had to twist the cable a little ! If you don't have a press.........take it to your pro-shop and have them set it !

Once set ...........mark your cam above your limb and below..........this will give you a great reference point to see if your cam has moved later !!