Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathew outback

Old 06-02-2004, 10:23 AM

Default mathew outback

for a 700 hundred dollar bow this thing is a joke i shot one a week ago and thought that what a wanted. but yesterday shot one at the pro shop for a while and i hate it the draw smooth until you get 3/4 back and feels like something rubbing it was not from the cam but after that i had my fill of a mathews.... so i shot some more hoyt vipertec nice but the speed turns me off i know it not about speed but its nice to have. the xtec really solid bow but i hunt tree stand and it is to long then the razortec really nice bow good speed no hand shock accurate so i order one alot cheaper than the outback and i like it better. if you are looking for a short bow i suggest the razortec and the bowtech mighty mite i have the mighty mite and the only thing i dont like about it is the draw cycle and the grip could be worked on just my opinion.. but very nice bow
Old 06-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mathew outback

I felt very much the same way about the outback. I went with the xTec and I love it. I have been shooting 30 to 35 shots a night with it since I got it last thursday. I also hunt from a tree but I don't think the extra couple of inches matter IMO. Good luck with the razor.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:54 AM

Yes,another opinion.I found that comparing the bows you mentioned,the Mighty Mite had the usual harsh Bowtech draw,and the Razortec's riser is entirely too skinny.I don't get into bashing different bows(just to fit in),because with all the quality bows out there,I look at it this way"There is a wrench to fit every nut"...Bob
Old 06-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Spike

Sounds like you dislike Mathews more than you like the Razortec. Judgeing for the title and text. Why not "Hey, bought a Razortec and love it".? Hope you enjoy your new bow.

It gets kind of old.

Dayton
Old 06-02-2004, 11:30 AM

for a 700 hundred dollar bow this thing is a joke
Maybe thats what wrong....... My pro shop sells them for $629
Anyway, I love mine
Old 06-02-2004, 11:59 AM

I wonder what makes people bash other bows. I happen to like the outback. I even ordered one. I shot about 5 or 6 different brands before choosing. After I was done I didnt come on here and bash the ones I didnt like. If a bow isn't for you move on. Post something on here we can learn from instead of wasting others time. While we are all wondering if this bow or that bow is the greatest thing out there the antis are chipping away at our sport. We should be focusing on what really matters.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:40 PM

if i was bashing mathews i would do the same thing they did to hoyt... if you guys think that if someone dont like a bow its bashing guess you shouldnt read a post title mathew outback[:'(] i just dont like the outback period. some people do some people dont iam not all for one bow company if i like the bow i buy it mathews make a good bow i just dont personally like them
Old 06-02-2004, 01:07 PM

Oneidaeagle: The Outback is the finest bow Mathews has made since the MQ1, they finally hit the stone right on. The bow is dream to shoot, in my standards, blows the Legacy and my LX away. I have shot the Outback 3 different times and 2 different pro shops, everytime I shoot it, it gets better and better. It might have been a bad bow (the one you shot). Before I bought my LX I shot the Hoyt's, I am not sure what was the matter with them, but when drawing them back, I felt a huge bump about 3/4 draw, not something that I liked, everything else was just fine.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:05 PM

i just dont like the outback period. some people do some people dont iam not all for one bow company if i like the bow i buy it mathews make a good bow i just dont personally like them
Well by all means.........thank you for sharing your unbiased opinions with us !!

Now go buy yourself a Hooked on Phonics tape and sign up for some writing lessons with all that money you saved !! [][:-]
Old 06-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just because someone doesn't like a bow doesn't mean they are bashing. The outback may be the finest bow made in some of your opinions but that doesn't make it the best for everyone. Just becasue the man stated an opinion that is contrary to your favorite bow doesn't mean he is biased and it's not a personal attack against you. Some people just have different taste in bows. I could see some rebutal if he made some outragous claims about speed, hand shock, or vibration etc. However, he merely stated that he didn't like the bow. I challenge anyone here to quantify what a "joke" is in someone elses opinion.............................

The Hooked on Phonics thing, well that's another matter entirely

Quick Reply: mathew outback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.