Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 fletching contact on tt shakey hunter >

fletching contact on tt shakey hunter

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fletching contact on tt shakey hunter

Old 05-25-2004, 10:59 PM

Default fletching contact on tt shakey hunter

trophey taker shaky hunter rest are suposed to be total flecthing contact free, but i cant get it right. it is paper tuned, but the flight still isnt great at higher distances. im kind of a beginner at fall away's, and dont know any of the tricks of the trade. the neerest pro-shop is about 100 miles away. any help will be greatly apreciated.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fletching contact on tt shakey hunter

Start by flipping your arrow over and shooting cock vane up ( that is assuming you shoot cock down).
Then go to TT's website and read all of their FAQ's and installation instructions- they're a lot of help.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:38 AM

I had some of the same problems with my shakey hunter. I tried shooting cock feather up, down and out. I found that cock feather up works best for me, but the real culprit of the fletching contact was how quickly the arm dropped. I had to mess with the length on the cord quite a bit and I had to raise my nocking point to 1/4" instead of the 1/8" I used before. Now I am getting perfect bullet holes in paper at all distances and my arrows are grouping great. In fact I shot my Highest score on the 3D course on sunday with a 296. Read the FAQ's on Trophy Takers website they are very helpful, and if the problems persist contact trophy taker they have great customer service.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I found that cock feather up works best for me, but the real culprit of the fletching contact was how quickly the arm dropped. I had to mess with the length on the cord quite a bit and I had to raise my nocking point to 1/4" instead of the 1/8" I used before.
Same exact situation here. Shaft height in addition to nocking point had to be be raised in my case in order to get proper drop clearance with the launcher "arm".
Old 05-26-2004, 04:24 PM

had the same issue, and these guys gave you good advice. one thing to not overlook is how steady you are when you release. punching can cause this - jerking when you release.