Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

expense of bows

Old 05-25-2004, 10:42 PM

Default expense of bows

personally i don't care what you shoot. whatever it is you shoot is fine. i just wanted to comment that a bow i looked at (popular in most of the forums i post in) cost more than what i paid for either one of my deer rifle setups. i can't see shelling out 700$'s for a bow. or rifle for that manner. i guess what i am getting at are there any other bargain basement hunters out there? or am i too cheap? i know that hunting comes at a price. but dang when is a price too high??
Old 05-25-2004, 11:41 PM

Default RE: expense of bows

I looked at a Hoyt Pro Elete target on Sunday The price,,,, $1079.95[:@] Bare bow Some people would probably still consider that a bargan though.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:04 AM

I know what ya mean. I shoot a mathews, but i bought it second hand. Its a great bow and i love it. But if i had to buy one brand new, i don't know if i would pay the kind of money they're asking. I believe in quality, but things are just getting way out of hand. Maybe i'm just tight.[>:]
Old 05-26-2004, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that is one of the reasons why most bow companies do offer bows in a variety of price ranges. Even Hoyt offers the Ultrasport and Ultramag at prices at or under $400. These bows carry many of the same high-end features as their machined aluminum riser counterparts but at a less expensive price.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:45 AM

If you're not shooting 20,000 shots each year and expecting keep the bow for 10 years, then many of the lower end models will probably serve you well. They shoot just as well, but may have less durable parts. However, do you really care if the limbs are only good for 250,000 draws, instead of 500,000? There are many fine bows in the $300-$400 range. Buying used is also a good option. Lot's of people upgrade frequently and most bows don't hold their value well, so bargains can be found.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

I bought my bow at the end of the year clearence sale. It was 40%off. It had the site, rest, and peep on it. The equipt was cheap but it worked. Slowly I have replaced the parts one by one and added a few things. My plan it to get good components and than then eventually buy a really nice bow but until then I have something I can shoot. I would shop around there is bound to be someplace that has last years bow still kicking around.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a great deal on a Newberry PM me
Old 05-26-2004, 08:05 AM

It is not just the price of bows that has become outrageous; much of the archery equipment is very over overpriced. $80.00 for 12 broadheads? Get real! I will not pay the prices, not because I cannot, but because my principles get in the way.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

much of the archery equipment is very over overpriced. $80.00 for 12 broadheads?
That statement I could not agree with more. Just the other day I pulled out a Cabelas catalog and looked at the price of a good fiber optic sight from five years ago. Price was around $50. Take the Cabelas Archery catalog out now and look at the price of an equivalent sight and you are talking at least $80 with some costing well over $100.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:36 AM

I can't blame the manufacturers. They are in business to make money and if they can get the big bucks for their products, they would be fools to turn it down.

I also don't blame bow buyers. If they want the latest, newest, fastest and are willing to pay for it, then go for it.

There are still very good bows for those who aren't willing to pay the big $$'s. I started with a PSE Nova and still shoot it occasionally. It's a good bow, just not on the cutting edge of technology.

Much of the high pricing is from the manufacturer's realization that the market demands bows that will do something that last year's bows won't do. They are simply supplying that demand.

That's part of what a free capitalist ecomomy is about.

Good shooting,
Allen

Quick Reply: expense of bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.