Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

doinkers

Old 02-21-2002, 09:38 AM

Default doinkers

any here use doinker stabilizers? if so what you do you think abou them? looking to put something on my Q2XL & not sure what I want yet.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: doinkers

I have one that's about 6" long with the wrist strap built into it. Not overly heavy. Seems to work fine on my Bear TRX bow.

Phil.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a doinker on the end of my gel filled stabilizer on my Parker Bow. I like it and recommend trying it.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:54 PM

A 4" Doinker Shorty Hunter sits on my MQ32. Seems to work OK, but there wasn't a lot of handshock or vibration to begin with. I wish it was a little heavier to better balance my bow. I have an old solid steel stab that is the perfect weight, but it doesn't take up any shock. Get one that balances your setup.

The Mouse
Old 02-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I switched to the 4" shorty hunter last year and am happy with it. It is short enough that it doesn't interfere with anything and seems to absorb any shock there might have been in the bow. Would definitely put it on any other bow I get.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:23 PM

I use the shrewd precision on all my bows, generaly. For my 12", I use a carbon xring with the sand removed, with a doinker on the end. It works great, and the doinkers don't wear out at the rate of the Simms. I like the Simms mushroom ends also, and I understand that Shrewd is doing something different this year, but I like the doinker type stuff best. I have the real doinker stuff for my Olympic type recurve also.

http://www.shrewd-one.com/stab.html

They haven't updated their site in a year, and were promising new stuff on it last year, so if you want to get new details, email them. They travel a lot for shows and shoots, so don't worry if you don't hear from them imediately.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:42 PM

6 inch hunter...

I love it.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

6 or 7" doinker on my Q2XL and it works great.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2002, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don`t own a doinker, but have shot a friends Q2XL with a doinker on it. He claims the bow was very tame to start with, but I know that I never dreamed a bow could be that recoil free! I had to look to see the arrow was gone, I thought I forgot to draw and shoot. Very impressive combo, as far as I am concerned!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.