Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Goat Tuff

Old 05-19-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Goat Tuff

How does everyone like the goat tuff glue? It works well for me, but is kind of expensive. Does anyone know a cheap place to buy it? I am paying $10 for 1/2 oz.. I am only getting about 6-7dz. arrows made with this. What is everyone else getting.
Thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Goat Tuff

I like it for the tips of feathers, and the backs and sides, but i dont actually adhere them to the shaft with it, i like fletch tight for that. I also really like it for soft nocks and other stuff i need glue for.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...=DUB2601/101.1
Sets in 10 seconds and bonds very well with carbons.
You will not regret using this glue!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 07:56 PM

i dont like this glue . it is super glue in a big bottle . if you like this you mite like the super glue gel. it messed my jig up it glued the clamp together. but to each his or her own enjoy
Old 05-19-2004, 09:12 PM

I used Goat Tuff to glue in my points in the CXL shafts last year. Haven't lost a tip in the 3 dozen I did. I haven't used GT to do vanes I prefer FlexBond for that.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:28 AM

thanks for the info. Are there any other good quick glues out there that are somewhat cheap?
Old 05-21-2004, 04:49 AM

I use the Goat tuff it is money well spent and is very durable.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

How is the Goat Tough when you have to refletch?Does it come off the arrow easy?Ron
Old 05-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

As a matter of fact it's a real b@#*h to get off, I'm going to use for it the small stuff and switch back to something a little easier to deal with as far as refletching goes. I just ordered some new stuff , I thinks its called Fletch Tite Platinum.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also used it to glue in my points in my CXL 150 Selects..... But keep in mind once you glue them points in with goat tuff there is no removing or replacing them ( I havent found a way to remove them ).... their there to stay. I dont have points coming out of arrow and sticking in targets... and dont have to worry about spreading an even amount of hotmelt evenly on the point to make sure there is no point wobble.... Just a few small drops on the point and insert. It also helps to cut down on grain weight of arrow when you dont have a buch of hotmelt on your points. I am one of those that likes all my arrows to weigh exactly 261 grains each, and I have accomplished this using goat tuff for the points and vanes. For vanes I find there are no vanes coming off my arrows when I use goat tuff... BUT... Yes it is a royal pain in the butt to get them vanes off ...So yes to me goat tuff has its pro's and con's. Yep their as tuff as an stuborn ole goat

Quick Reply: Goat Tuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.