Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 enough k- energy? >

enough k- energy?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

enough k- energy?

Old 05-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: enough k- energy?

I meant to add that we have a woman in our club that shoots a 23" draw, 42lbs, speed is around 220fps and she often gets complete passthroughs on deer within her imposed limit of 25 yards. Yeh, her arrow is only a couple inches into the ground afterwards, but if it was 8" into the ground how much deader is the deer. Hope this helps your confidence level. Remember, accuracy gets the job done. Work on your shooting skills and have fun. Crunching numbers never killed anything except one's confidence.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: enough k- energy?

Nicely put,the numbers don't kill the animals.

Well tuned arrows and imo,the ACC is a great choice of arrow for low energy setups.They are not heavy,as many think is so crucial to penetration, but they react well to impact allowing them to penetrate extremely well.

I also agree that a cut on contact style head would be best suited for low energy setup.

Another good choice imo for low energy arrows are the AC Kinetic II's from Easton but I have no actuall experience with them.The Axis arrow should do well also.