Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Cabelas poultruded carbon arrows. >

Cabelas poultruded carbon arrows.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cabelas poultruded carbon arrows.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Cabelas poultruded carbon arrows.

Thinkin I might buy me some of the poultruded carbons and give them a try again.

Have any of you used Cabelas SST brand of shafts and if so how did you like them?

How much helical or offset do the feather fletched finished arrows have?

How hard is it to fletch them should I go with bare shafts instead of finished arrows?

Thanks guys and gals.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas poultruded carbon arrows.

My neighbor used them last year. They flew nice, and were durable. He said they were tough to refletch, but he did manage to get a small left helical on them. I believe they were 2ยบ offset, but I will ask him tomorrow to be sure.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:56 AM

I have been looking hard at those shafts my self.I believe the might be those old AFC shafts,atleast going by the way they size them,(2200,2300,2400)and the weights per inch.
With this whole,"skinny shafts penatrate better",,people are starting to take a second look at the "old" poultruded shafts.I remember useing the Beman Hunters years ago.Talk about concentrateing your KE to itty bitty surface[:-],,My doc made me give them up.He said,"if you keep shooting those things into Mckenzies,your going to need a shoulder replacement",,
Old 05-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are very nice arrows for the price. Durable, striaght and strong. I have two dozen I play with from time to time.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

For what it's worth, they are CAE arrows, not AFC. Both companies used a similar sizing system, and that is why the size designations are the same.

I had a bad experience with these arrows when they first came out, but in all fairness, that was close to 10 years ago. I've heard that they have improved quite a bit by now. Knowing how 5-shot tests and analyzes everything, if he says they are good, you can bank on it!
Old 05-15-2004, 11:42 AM

If you are going to try some PC arrows, I HIGHLY recommend getting Beman Carbon Hunters. I have yet to have one that hasn't been strait, and I've had about 3 dozen. They are without a doubt, the toughest arrow available. I tried some of the Cabelas brand many moons ago and wasn't real happy with them either.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Who still sells the Bemans? I can't find them anywhere.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff is correct. They are made by CAE. AFC (later Carbon Express) stopped production of the pultruded shafts about 3- or 4 years ago if not more.

I believe you can still order the Beman Hunters from Mountain Archery. And I suspect the major Easton distributors like Kinseys and Papes have them, so if your shop deals with them then you can order them through the your pro-shop.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:16 PM

I got my last dozen of Bemans from FS Discount Archery.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

you talking about the skinny bemans?

if so I have some I also have easton ace too
same Dia as the bemans.

Quick Reply: Cabelas poultruded carbon arrows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.