Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 are my limbs cracked >

are my limbs cracked

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

are my limbs cracked

Old 05-10-2004, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: are my limbs cracked

AWE heck, when I copied it must have missed it and pated the old link, let me try again-

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...424&hasJS=true
Old 05-10-2004, 10:42 AM

Here's the press I build and use on all my bows. I've just built a new, longer model I call the "Limo" becaused it's a stretched out version of the original pictured here.

Old 05-10-2004, 10:47 AM

Here's the new "Limo" BowMender for longer limbed target bows but will still work on the shortys

Old 05-10-2004, 02:59 PM

how much wtag? i'm kinda gimpy also - shattered both my heels- you wouldn't know it from watching me walk - but i sure know it when the day is done.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:34 PM

Shoot me an e-mail, you can find it in my profile I tipped over a tractor and it got my lower leg and ankle/foot,,, it'll never be the same[:@][&:]
Old 05-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

I tipped over a tractor and it got my lower leg and ankle/foot,,, it'll never be the same[:@][&:]

Holy smokes Russ, you must be a big ole boy to be tippin tractors...

And here I thought it was cool to tip cows...Tractor tippin, must be a mid- western thing...
Old 05-11-2004, 10:25 AM

LOL @ Pat No actually it's a world wide thing designed by the great creator to weed out the stupid
Old 05-13-2004, 05:21 AM

you guys were right, took it to another shop and they had the new limbs ordered in about 3 minutes. the owner has a centershot laser and all kinds of neet stuff. its like being in the cabela's catelog store, with the same prices +7 kinds of bows. he's going to do a complete maintenance on it also. acts like he wants my business - imagine that. larry weiss (sp?) is gonna be there this weekend doing a shooting clinic - no bow to shoot though so i won't be going. its weird not having a bow for the next week or so - i feel incomplete. took a look at the alpine glide slide, but will probably wait for them to come out with one that has a hole in it for the fall away rest cord, looks like a great idea though. this shop just picked up bowtech this year - and has already sold 67, and it's in the middle of nowhere. might change from a tt to a drop zone, or could put my bodoodle back on- ahhh choices, choices, choices... i love the off-season. small interesting thing - first shop owner to tell me something i figured out last year - i asked him if he'd tune it after replacing the limbs - he said he couldn't - that i was the only one who could tune my bow - but that he'd walk me through it - paper as a jumping off point and then group tune it. maybe i found a new home...(to be con't)
Old 05-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you found a dealer that nows what he's doing, I'm really pleased with my Drop Zone and tuning was a breeze.

Gordon
Old 05-13-2004, 10:11 AM

Gib, what's the name of the new shop and where??

Quick Reply: are my limbs cracked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.