Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Home maid target, ever try this? >

Home maid target, ever try this?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Home maid target, ever try this?

Old 04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Home maid target, ever try this?

What about stuffing a cardboard box with shredded paper, you know, the thin strips that are left after running secret documents through a shredder?

We recently got a shredder at our office. Don't yet have a feel for how much it get's used, but I'm wondering if stuffing the crap out of a box with it, duct taping it shut and shooting it would stop an arrow?

Any ideas?
Old 04-29-2004, 03:38 PM

Default RE: Home maid target, ever try this?

there is only one way to find out!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

I took a bunch of boxes from our warehouse. Collopsed them and banded them all together with the same bands that we make bales of paper out of. Worked pretty well until a couple bands broke from the arrow going threw it.

If you get enough paper shavings I think you could be on to somethings.

J
Old 04-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will definitely go to jail RB if you start making targets out of your home maid![:-]

Old 04-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah........I was thinking that too. A new McKenzie style with a short black skirt and apron.[:-] That wouldn't be Politically correct right?

As far as your new target idea? Make sure you put a real target behind that one cause' it isn't going to stop a paper clip.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

You would probably have to pack it really tight and then I am guessing that arrow removal is going to be a realy b....!
Old 04-30-2004, 07:04 AM

Get a box and stuff it with rags and old clothing. Stops the arrows with no problem and they are simple to remove.

Dave
Old 04-30-2004, 07:12 AM

I have made a target like that and it stops arrows very well except the target is extremely heavy because you really have to pack the papers to keep the arrow from going too far in. I may have used too much paper though. Also make sure it doesn't get soggy because it will be ruined, be really heavy and just rot away. Arroow removal is also pretty hard until you start to shoot out the middle. It is a good target for the price and effort. Don't put too much duct tape on or your arrows get the adhesive all over them.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard that shrink wrap (the stuff they wrap palettes with) works better than paper or rags......although I have not accumulated enough to try it yet.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will definitely go to jail RB if you start making targets out of your home maid!
You've got that right!!!

Quick Reply: Home maid target, ever try this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.