Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need a new peep and suggestions? >

Need a new peep and suggestions?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need a new peep and suggestions?

Old 04-08-2004, 05:06 PM

Default Need a new peep and suggestions?

Iam a 32 inch bow this year and having problems seeing through my peep. I am not sure what peep I have on there now but it is just a round peep with my string split 3 ways. My string seems to be in the way most of my shots. Iam getting a new peep but want to avoid anything with tubing attached, you guys and gals have nay suggestions?
Old 04-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need a new peep and suggestions?

I shoot a red dot scope that dosen't require a peep but on my old bow before I lent it to my nephew had a peep that I loved. It was square and called a light gathering peep as I recall. It was green on the front side and black on the back where you look through. I liked it because I found two problems with the traditional peeps. One was it was hard to see/locate after the draw in low light level conditions. Two the require two many parts ie the string to anchor and orient it when in full draw. The string can fail and 100% of the time will be during a hunting shot.

You may also want to for go the peep and just use the kisser. That's what my freinds use for basically the same reasons.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

MATHEWS get yourself a winners choice string and a 3/16 true peep , end of problem .
Old 04-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried the NO-PEEP?
Old 04-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

tru peeps are very nice.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:10 PM

A lot of people have problems with the peeps that split your string 3 ways, most throw those peeps in the trash, get yourself a fletcher peep and problem solved, my uncle uses it and has no problems, hope this helps!!
Old 04-09-2004, 10:44 PM

I agree with most here...get the Fletcher Tru Peep Super Hunter (3/16")!! I love mine. On my Mathews LX with the Zebra String I just needed to put it in the vise and twist the string a half turn to get the peep to line up with every draw...no more tubes!! Fletcher Tru-Peeps are great products.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:17 PM

I shot a red hawk peep and love it. It is clear, surronded by yellow. You can still see through the yellow which is great for hunting, you can see the whole animal. It does have tubing attached but, buy some on the new non rotting tubing and you don't have to worry about it. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

I went through the same thing. Peep with a tube, lined up nice to noisey, peep with
3 strand no tube sucked couldnt see pin clear enough, tru-peep awsome, no tube,
can see my pins.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another tru-peep and quality no-twist string fan here. Thats my suggestion.

Quick Reply: Need a new peep and suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.