Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I think I messed up! >

I think I messed up!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I think I messed up!

Old 04-03-2004, 10:25 AM

Default RE: I think I messed up!

I've also noticed a slight change in impact when shooting inside where the lighting is not as good as outside. I shoot without a peep (kisser only) but I wonder if looking through a peep in less than optimum lighting has something to do with changes in impact. Once in a while, I'll catch myself shooting to the left and notice I'm looking too far to the left of the string. On the next shot, I make sure my alignment is "tight" before I make the shot and,,,, perfect!
Old 04-03-2004, 10:27 AM

A few other things that might be happening is that you may be coming off your anchor or pushing the bow away at the shot.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stay calm, pick a spot, squeeze and follow through.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:15 PM

Well first, thanks to all for the tips. I shot a few rounds this morning when I got home and had mixed results. I didn't get upset though, since I'd been awake for 25 hrs, my contact lenses were give me a fit. I shot again this evening before I came to work and was VERY pleased. I tried a couple diiferent things. I've been pretty sure all along that my problem was my grip, I HOPE I've fixed that now. When I was at the shop I did have my peep changed to a different style. Maybe this helped too. Also, I started triggering my release a little differently and I like it, it just feels like I have better control now. I really do try to keep a constant anchor and follow-thru.

DaveC, I was thinkin the same thing when you mentioned in another thread, that you lived an hour and a half from the shop you bought from. I'd like to hear more about what you think of them, and more about the fellas and the 80#'ers. Email me if you feel like sharing anymore thoughts, and don't worry, I'd never run my mouth.

As for the speed issue, I'm happy with my 281-286fps, but I'm not against more speed OR less speed. I'm ALWAYS open to try new ideas. I'm being tempted to try the "no peep" thing right now. I'm really trying to learn as much as I can about the technical aspects of archery. I have a long wat to go, that's why I come here every chance I get. I don't have a computer at home so I have to do it in spare time at work. Nights are pretty slow, so I have plenty.

Thanks to all again and yes, I do shoot with a sling.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:34 AM

I might end up trying that new bow method.
And... if it is not the bow?
Old 04-04-2004, 03:32 AM

Well, I already know it's not the bow. It's definetly me. BUT......aren't we all lookin for any reason to buy another toy? LOL!
Old 04-04-2004, 02:05 PM

Shooting to the left is almost always a follow through problem for me. I shoot right handed and if I'm tired or careless I let the bow drop a little to quick and the arrows impact to the left.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

PM sent............
Old 04-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

tx,

What does your centershot look like? If your centershot is off to the left,it can cause this type of thing to happen.Move your rest and see what happens.

Your yard might very well be off.It sounds funny but if you are not using a level, you will start leveling off the yard and if their is a slant to it,there could be the reason your arrows impact to the left.Just something else to consider.

If it is a grip problem,a new bow could really help,if the grip on the new bow is designed better.Smaller is usually better in this case.

BUT without seeing you shoot and seeing your setup,it may be impossible to tell for sure.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:47 PM

Well, since I'm just starting to learn all this tuning stuff. I don't know what my centershot looks like. I'm not exactly sure what centershot is. I do remember a recent thread that dicussed this, but I'm still getting the different tuning terms all mixed up. I'll go back and reread the thread. And when I find out what my looks like I'll let ya know. I can tell you that I'm pretty consistent at any yardage out to 40 yds. My groups get wider, but isn't that expected?
I did shoot this morning again and was pleased again. Maybe I corrected MOST of my problems.

BTW, my yard is pretty unlevel, but I try shoot from ALL places in my yard, standing and sitting. When I was hitting left, I was doing it from everywhere.

Quick Reply: I think I messed up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.