Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop away rest?

Old 04-02-2004, 09:51 AM

Default drop away rest?

I have been thinkin hard about tryin one of the drop away rests.I currently use a bodoodle bullet and have for the past five years with great success but you know how it is when you upgrade to a new bow you kinda want to upgrade accessories too.About 8 years ago I got the inertia drop away rest made by timeless archery it tuned great and shot great but no matter how hard I tryed my attempts to make it quiet it always seemed to noisy at the shot and it is now just sittin there collecting dust in my archery box.I do not shoot 3d I am strictly a bowhunter and backyard shooter.Right now I am thinkin about the bodoodle gamedropper or the trophy ridge drop zone but have not got to try any because my dealer still does not have any in stock yet.I really like the looks of the drop zone and wondered if any of you guys who are using it on the bowtechs have it tied in the little hole on the cable slide and if it works ok like this.I noticed my cable slide on my justice has the hole and i assume that is what its for.I like the looks of the gamedropper because it has no strings ,cables or attatchments to come loose at the moment of truth because with my luck it will happen when the biggest buck of my life is standin broadside at 10 or 15 yards!Anyway anyone using the gamedropper how does it work is it a inertia style rest.I sure like the looks of the DropZone but hate to drop the $100.00 and find it sittin in my archery box collecting dust also.And also are these rests quiet?Thanks!
Old 04-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: drop away rest?

If you do a search on Drop Zone you'll find a ton of discussions on it, including pictures. In short, I shoot one on a Patriot single cam and it's great. I've got fletching clearance regardless of vane orientation.

Fritz
Old 04-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have installed several drop zones but not on any Bowtech bows via the cable slide. I have, however, installed a GKF Golden Premier Drop away via the cable slide with good results. No fletching contact issues and no worries regarding having the knot in the cable slip.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:11 AM

I know these were not your original choices, but 2 of the most praised dropaway rests are the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and the Muzzy Zero Effect.

I've tried the Trophy Taker and I loved it. I now shoot a quicktune 4000 dropaway, but I have very few shots out of it and can not comment on its effectiveness. I have heard great things about the dropzone.

Good luck and welcome to the boards
Old 04-04-2004, 09:36 AM

5 Shot from this site did a review on the TKO Dropaway.

If you want a tough, Simple full of features dropaway for under $50.00 this is it.

http://www.broadheadtests.com/tkodropaway.html

T
Old 04-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Drop Zone would be an excellent choice for your BowTech. I choose the DZ for my BowTech Extreme VFT and it shoots great. I don't use the cable slide however. I prefer to serve in the downward moving harness. This way, you also have a larger range of motion and it easier to perfect lift and timming. Judging by all the talk I've been seeing on the forums, I would say that IF you put a DZ on your rig then more then likely you'll want to keep shootin' it. It seems everyone is really loving this top quality rest. Don't be convinced to use any other rest because it is "cheap", more then likely that is exactly what it is,... cheap. See what all the talk is about with this great rest. Also, TR has a Hunter version that will save ya a little. Same great performance but you don't have to pay extra for the Harmonic dampers and the anodized camo.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:14 AM

I have the Drop Zone on my Mighty Mite and love it. We originally tried to tie it to the cable slide but it didn't have enough movement. So we tied it into the down cable and no problems. The shop said that there was no way I was going to get total clearance out of it either (they don't like the DZ) but they were wrong, there is no clearance issuses at all.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:19 AM

I use a trap door. Every archery buddy i have(13) shots a trap door. Not a single prolem with them. No cables to stretch nothing just inertia. Easy to set up and there is no noise when it drops. Customer service is awesome. If it breaks for any reason they replace it free of charge. My buddy triped and fell during hunting season. He his the rest on a rock and bent the metal housing in on the side of the workings and it didn't work right. He called mountana black gold to buy another rest. They ask him if his broke and he told them yes but it was his fault and no fault of the rest. They sent him a new arrow rest overnight with a prepaid postage box to send the old one back. That is awesome and they have a customer for life. I would highly recommend a trap door rest.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Spike

The TKO would be a great choice. The cost is under 50 bucks. It has vertical and horizontal adjustments and tunes easy. Built to last. Read 5shots review on it, he did a nice job of explaining all about it.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: drop away rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.