Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Easton Axis Shooters Please Reply >

Easton Axis Shooters Please Reply

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton Axis Shooters Please Reply

Old 04-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Easton Axis Shooters Please Reply

I made a thread on these arrows and only got one response(Thanks, PA.). I have determined that with my specs I need to shoot the 340's. I was wondering if anyone has had succes with clearance using these arrows with a 4 degree helical and a shoot through rest(Tm Style). My buddy who is a proshop owner says they will clear as he uses acc's which are basically the same size as the axis. I know I wouldn't have to worry about it with a drop away, but I just set my bow up with a nap 3000 micro and would like to use it with these arrows if I can. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but would really like to know before I spend the coin on these shafts. I value all of your opinions and would appreciate responses from anyone who has had succes with this. Thank you, and good shootin'. Bhunter32.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:16 AM

Default RE: Easton Axis Shooters Please Reply

The reason you didn't get many replies is probably that no one has any experience with what you are asking. I am using 340's but using a drop away. I really like the arrows though.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am using the 400's with 4" vanes on a 6% helical again with a fallaway.

I did see your previous post but did not answer cause I am not using the same rest as you.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am going to reply again for reference and to make a recommendation. First, I am using a one degree offset fletch and am able to get fletching clearance with the normal TM hunter style prongs. However, it is slight. The problem arises in that if I move the prongs any wider to allow for more fletch clearance then the shaft can potentially slip through the prongs upon release.

My guess is that you will not be able to use a hard helical 3-5 degrees and expect to get fletching clearance on a typical TM hunter style rest because of the issue I mentioned above.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:05 PM

When I get them, they are going to be used with a fall away.
Not sure about your clearance question on a TM style rest[&:]
Old 04-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am using the 400s, which are 1/64" smaller than the 340s. Like Frank, I am shooting arrows that are fletched with about a 1 degree offset. Clearance was no problem for either of my shoot through rests with horseshoe launchers. I did refletch one arrow that had a hole in the fletch, so I tried to increase the offset as much as possible while still maintaining good contact with the arrow. The fletches still clear, but there is less room. I'm not sure if I am going to use the GKF 3D Royal, or just refletch the arrows with Speed Flyte vanes and right helical, shooting with the Whisker Biscuit. My bow seems to be shooting just as well with the biscuit as it did with the GKF. I have to decide whether the arrow capture is worth refletching 9 brand new, unshot arrows. The Biscuit is quieter shooting than the GKF, which has a slight vibrating noise to it.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:44 PM

I am these with my quicktune drop away 2000. I am 73 pounds and an axis 340 arrow at 273fps. I am right on the border where I need to shoot 300's. I am still getting contact somewhere with my fletching and my rest. Just cant figure it out.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: MATTHEWS

I am these with my quicktune drop away 2000. I am 73 pounds and an axis 340 arrow at 273fps. I am right on the border where I need to shoot 300's. I am still getting contact somewhere with my fletching and my rest. Just cant figure it out.
That's the same draw weight and arrow as I'm shooting. What is your draw length/arrow length and arrow weight?
Old 04-03-2004, 01:43 PM

ShadowAce my arrow length is 28 1/2 inches, @ 423grains total hunting arrow, and my draw length is 30 inches. at 273fps with Easton Axis 340's
Old 04-03-2004, 01:44 PM

Hey ShadowAce what is your speed?

Quick Reply: Easton Axis Shooters Please Reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.