Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Winners Choice from The Bow Rack >

Winners Choice from The Bow Rack

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Winners Choice from The Bow Rack

Old 03-31-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Winners Choice from The Bow Rack

Okay guys,

As some of you guys know, the pro-shop where I bought my Liberty messed up the serving on my bow pretty bad. I decided to order a set of Winners Choice strings and cables for my bow, and have my friend re-serve the factory strings!

Well, I went with The Bow Rack as I ordered WC string for my MightyMite off them last year and they were very fast and good to deal with.

Okay, so, I placed my order on Saturday, March 6th, and guess what, still no string. About two weeks ago I called to see what the heck was happening and they told me that they would have it in on Monday the 22nd and it would be sent out the same day.

Okay, so this past Monday, the 29th, I called to see what the heck was going on and they told me that they had just got them in that day, and they were getting shipped out! The charge finally went through on the credit card, and I should have my strings by the end of the week.

I just wanted to let you guys know about this incase you are planning on ordering strings from them. I ordered them the 6th, and it is now the 31st, and I still havn't got them. Three and a half weeks. Thank god I didn't have a hunt or shoot planned during that time, but I did want to have my bow set up a couple weeks ago so I could get some serious shooting in before turkey season! I am gonna be pressed to get ready for turkey season which starts May 1st! I have to get the strings in, get them on the bow, break them in, tune the bow up, and get some serious shooting in, plus sight in the bow, and get my broadheads/arrows set-up. All this in a month, plus, trout season starts in just over 2 weeks! [:@]
Old 03-31-2004, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Winners Choice from The Bow Rack

So much to do so little time. Good luck BM hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

Hey BM
If the pro shop messed up why are you ordering new strings? I would think the so called pro shop would fix this problem. At least that is what I would expect. Dont be such a push over.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Knowing BM, I am guessing he just wanted to give the Winners Choice strings a "whirl" on the new bow. He probably is going to keep the originals as a backup since they are already broken in.

Thanks for the tip Jason. I do not plan on replacing strings/cables any time soon but it is good to know regardless.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the above, make the shop replace your strings. They messed them up!!

Buck, I was going to ask you how you were making out with that situation. As you might recall, I told a similar tale about the Bowrack. Took way too long and they also messed my order up to boot. Never will go back to them. If I ever go back to shooting WC, I'll order direct.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:46 AM

Frank is right, I am just gonna have the original strings re-served and keep them as back-up strings! Finally, we got another BowTech dealer near me, so I guess that I know where to go from now on!

muzzy, The guy I talked to at The Bow Rack told me that it was Winners Choice's fault. He told me that they were on back-order and that WC never told them until the orders were placed! I don't know if I believe that or not! I did see that KeyStone Country Store is now carrying WC strings, so there is another option instead of The Bow Rack!
Old 04-01-2004, 08:41 AM

I ordered WC for my new Outback from a local part-time pro-shop. Ordered on Friday, March 12, received Monday March 22. No complaints here.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

BM
Just reserve the ones you have...cancel the order.... and save the $ for some other gadget
Old 04-01-2004, 08:46 PM

I ordered a set of WC cables and strings for my Renegade TR4. I went through my local pro shop and received them in 4 days. On the other hand my buddy who shoots a LX ordered his string and cable at the same time didn't get his for 2.5 weeks. It would seem to be that it depends on the demand for the specific bow that determines how fast you get you order. Just my guess