Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Broadhead Target??? >

Broadhead Target???

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadhead Target???

Old 03-23-2004, 09:04 AM

Default Broadhead Target???

Other than the layered block-type targets, what's a durable material to shoot BH's into? I borrowed a Carbon Block from a friend. I only shot it five times, each time I pulled the arrow out there were chunks of the material coming with it. I stopped shooting his target because I didn't want to tear it up any more. It just didn't seem to be very durable. I've been looking at the Carbon Buck, but I haven't heard any reviews on it yet. How well does a bale of hay work? or styrofoam?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Broadhead Target???

Broadheads will eat up any target.............and quick.

Shoot it like you stole it - then steal another
Old 03-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've often heard a big pile of sand is the ultimate broadhead target as far as durability is concerned...
Old 03-23-2004, 11:07 AM

I have used the shot up midsections from 3D targets. You can usually get them for free or real cheap from a club. Just put some spots on the ends where it actually attaches to the head section or tail section, and the foam is clear. Or lay it on its side and shoot into the top. Free is the best kind.

JMAC
Old 03-23-2004, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

Broadheads will eat up any target.............and quick.

Shoot it like you stole it - then steal another
[8D]
Old 03-23-2004, 04:31 PM

Reinhart makes one called "The Cube" that is the best target I have ever shot. Been shooting it for almost a year now, about a month of broadheads, and haven't lost one chunk of material. Its a solid soft foam that heals the hole after you pull your arrow. I've shot hundreds of BH's into this target and its awesome. It's shaped like a dungeons and dragons 30 sided dice with 30 spots each on its own surface. It has a rope handle cast right into it and you can just throw it and it rolls around, judge the yardage and shoot. You can not find an angle that you are not square with a spot. Best target made IMHO.

Shot "The Block" before this target and was shotting through it within 2 weeks.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

This has to be it. It's expensive though.

http://www.neverweararchery.com/
Old 03-23-2004, 06:28 PM

[link]http://www.rinehart3-d.com[/link]

The rhino block. Not cheap, paid $100 last year and worth every penny.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I always thought deer, but that might upset the elk hunters and we don't even want to involve the turkey hunters.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:11 PM

I have a 5 gallon bucket that I filled half way up with sand and then topped off with some clay, the kind kids play with at school. I have the clay punded in there pretty good so it holds all the sand in without a problem. This works extremely well for me. I've had a few arrows puncture the back, but this doesn't happen if I remember to pack it every few days. This has lasted much longer and arrow removal is much easier than with any other targets I've used.

Quick Reply: Broadhead Target???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.