Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Problem

Old 03-20-2004, 04:41 PM

Default Bowtech Problem

Well I got my string situation figured out - but anotherr problem has arrisen.
Just put a new string on this pro38 and about 2/3rds of the way thru the draw cycle the cam and string start touching each other- just barely but enough that I can hear the end serving on the string contacting the cam. Ive an Idea I might have a bent cam, but if it is its not perceptable to my eye- or could it possibly be a bent axel ? Thought Id ask here to see what others ideas were. Esp befor e I have to contact Bowtech this Monday, Id like to have an idea of whats up.

Got alot less on this bow trade than I bargained for [&o]
Old 03-20-2004, 05:05 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Problem

Just best that you contact Bowtech, they will take care of the problem, they have excellent customer service.I didn't see your first problem but they could part of each other.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:48 PM

OH I know the two are related!!! NOW

I must say tho I thought the problem was elwhere at first and I contacted Bowtech and KEVIN DUFFY at Bowtech has bent over backwards helping me out- even sending me some cam parts for free- Hope hes not getting fed up with me cause it looks like I got to call him again Monday for about the 5th time with this new problem
Old 03-20-2004, 08:02 PM

If you can, post some pictures of the problem area and we'll all try to help if we can, worked for Nubb!!!
Old 03-20-2004, 08:07 PM

Just thought of something, make sure your buss cable is passing on the inside of the back side of the bow string, cables crossing below the cable rod and the buss cable is closest to the string, above the guard rod.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:22 PM

Will check that out- but think Ive everything set correctly in that area- someone else on another site asked if I had the cable slide attached- which I didnt- so I will see if that corrects the problem as it may move the string over a tad to clear the cam upon rollover- That Never even Entered My mind. If that dont work its taken the new string/buss off and checkin the axel. Gonna have to trace it down-

Not only to add insult to injury but also noticed about 4 surface hairline cracks right where the limb bolt slot ends on the limb.

JUST SHOOT ME !!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2004, 08:26 PM
nub

Got alot less on this bow trade than I bargained for
Thats a risk you take when choosing a used bow.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

With those cracks in the limb, I wouldn't even think about shooting it until I had it looked over and more than likely the limbs replaced. I'm sure Bowtech will be more than willing to work with you on the situation. They are good people. Something tells me you might have dry fired bow in your hands.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I agree muzzyman That can be a very real scenario for this bow,something's definetly wrong here .This probably is the reason for his problem it's probably got a bent axle as well .

nubo
Old 03-21-2004, 07:29 PM

If you're shooting a Dually, it is necessary on some models to balance the yokes in both the static and dynamic modes. Usage of a drawing machine and lasers are the best way to perform this process.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.