Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews Drawlength Question? >

Mathews Drawlength Question?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Drawlength Question?

Old 03-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews Drawlength Question?

A buddy of mine was fortunate enough to win a new MQ-32 recently. The problem is the bow is set up at 30" draw and he requires 29". I'm looking at my bow now and see there are 3 posts for a minor string adjustment. In order to drop the draw length down one inch what needs to be done? He'll be taking it to a shop and doesn't want to get snookered into buying a new cam if the adjustment can be made with a simple change of the loop on the posts. Thanks in advance![8D]
Old 03-09-2004, 05:56 PM

Default RE: Mathews Drawlength Question?

That's one of the biggest drawbacks with a Mathews bow, they never made it easy to adjust their drawlength like most other bows. I know on my Q2 the drawlength was supposed to be 27" but the actual is 27 3/4". The sorry thing about it is almost most Mathews have a tendacy to be a little long in draw. I would suggest you find the actual length before you try to make any adjustments, you might find out you may just have to get a new module
Polack
Old 03-09-2004, 08:47 PM
tm
Fork Horn

I don't believe the MQ32 has the multiple posts on the cam. To keep the cam in the proper rotation he'll need another cam, but many shops will exchange cams at a small or no charge.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:19 AM

Jason N .......you must have a maxcam on your bow ! They have an adjustment range of one inch ......each post is a half inch of adjustment !

The MQ-32 has a Straightline cam and is draw length specific......he'll have to change cams !
Old 03-10-2004, 05:36 AM

go to your local archery shop that deals in mathews bows and check and see if they have that cam in a drawer or box somewere---they usually have some around
Old 03-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys! I noticed after looking at the spec that my FX has a Max cam....I was hoping it was the same as the Straightline Max cam. It's not, so I'll let him know. I know exactly what you mean by a longer than average length on Mathews bows.....one of those things we learn to live with I guess. Again, thanks for your input guys.