Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String loop question... >

String loop question...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String loop question...

Old 03-08-2004, 02:21 PM

Default String loop question...

I just had a new string put on my bow and I also installed a string loop for the first time. My local shop told me to keep my nock on and put the top of the loop on the outside of nock (above it) and the bottom one below. With obviously enough room to nock the arrow on the string. My question is, do I need to put serving between the bottom of the loop and where my arrow nock is or just let the loop kind of "snug" up against the arrow when it is in position?

Make sense?
Old 03-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: String loop question...

I'm not sure if I'd put it snug against the nock, when I first put my loop on it was to close to the nock and when I drew the bow it lifted the front of the arrow. Once the loops tight it shouldn't move at all even if you don't put nock points in. I've seen guys with tied in nock points both above and below the arrow nock inside the loop , as well as just about any combination you can think of, I really think its personal preferance but not really necessary.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:24 PM

This is just how I have mine set up. I nock my arrow on the lower part of the servng. The only reason I have space above is because I tied my loop before I set my nock. When I tried to move the loop I found out I'm very good at tying strong knots!
Old 03-09-2004, 06:13 PM

I don't see any reason for anything but the loop. I set mine so the nock just fits in the loop. You can let the bow down and the arrow is still nocked and after about 20 shots, you will have to twist the loop to move it. No nock to break your serving or string and the head of the release is right behind the nock. I've shot this way for 5 years and had zero issues or problems. Don
Old 03-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are a lot of different way to do it. Personally, I don't use a metal nock. I tie my own on. You can adjust nock just twisting it. It sure makes things easier when you are tuning, no need to uncrimp, and recrimp anything. Tie ons are also lighter. Plus, it will not wear on anything. If you need info on how to tie them on, let me know, anyone can do it.

Anyway back to the question, I put a tie on nock above and below the arrow, I put the string loop on the outside of each nock. I shoot a 37" A to A, and have a 32" draw, so this method eliminates most of the arrow pinch for me.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:14 AM

BobCo

I'd be interested in hearing about how you tie on a nock, shoot back some information on it, this sounds good to me.

Thanks,
Old 03-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here you go. I'll take a picture of the setup tonight, so you can see what I use. I'm not sure if the link tells you or not, But I take a tiny drop of fletching glue on a toopick and put it on the final knot. Don't put too much on though or it will soak through to the string which you don't want. I use this knot for all tie ons on the string, peeps, slilencers, and nocks. You'll find that when they are tied correctly they will not move unless you twist them on the serving. Let me know how you make out.

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/featu...hunter/tieone/
Old 03-10-2004, 10:27 AM

I do as Bobco - two hand tied nocks above and below the arrow.

I do not like having just the loop - lots of pinch going on as those loop nocks get quite snug to the arrow nock when you draw.

The two nocks give the arrow a little "space" and a cleaner release IMO.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2004, 12:31 PM

Great information, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I'm just beginning to "tinker" with my set up for myself so I may be asking quite a few seemingly simple questions in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quick Reply: String loop question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.