Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

nock points and string loop

Old 03-06-2004, 12:02 PM

Default nock points and string loop

i was wonder if anyone use nock points with a string loop ? i was thinking of trying one out but i don't want to take off my nock point in case i want to go back to my rope release, thanks !
Old 03-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: nock points and string loop

I don't use any other nocking points other than the knots of the string itself. The string has never moved on me at all. Some folks tie a small serving above and below the string just to make sure that it doesn't move on them.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:35 PM

Maybe this has been talked about many, many times, but what is the reason for a string loop other than maybe knock pinch?? Even if I have that correct. If your draw length is shorter(like mine) at 28 1/4, I don't think you run that much of it a risk. That's why I'm wondering.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:55 PM

I tie in a nock set to go under nock and then tie my loop below nock set and above nock. That way i am sure the loop knot is not going to slide up and pinch the nock.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a local archery shop that sets up all of his loops with a brass nock directly below the upper knot. So I would think it would be ok.
I myself just use the string, no nothing around it. I do mark it's location with a marker for future referance.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:06 AM

Sorry for the additional post, but I thought I'd bump this one up to see if anyone can answer my initial question. What's the main reason for a string loop? Thanks
Old 03-08-2004, 10:36 AM

Nock pinch and string wear. I don't use a nock with my loop. I don't have any worries about it moving. I can't get it to move when I want it to.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have set up a few bows where the folks in question asked to have a string loop set up with a brass nockset. It seems to work well but that particular combination also adds alot of weight to the center of the bowstring and thus reduces arrow speed more than just a loop or just a nockset/e-button combo.

As for the loop, well, there was a post on here a week or two back where someone(I apologize for forgetting who) posted a very strong case "against" the use of a string loop. It went through each of the major "selling points" of the string loop and offered a very concise rebuttal.

Personally, I switched last year and have noticed a slight increase in accuracy with them. I am assuming this is because of the decreased amount of nock pinch (30 inch draw on a 33 inch long bow) and also because the force is more evenly distributed behind the arrow nock.

As most folks mentioned though, nock pinch and serving wear are the two primary reasons that are used to recommend a loop.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:41 AM

If you regularily wax your string, how long before your string wears out and you have to put a new one on?? Roughly that is. If you do a fair amount of shooting....wouldn't your string wear out before the serving does?? Thanks again for the info.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

stump this may help.... take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.archerydealer.com/forum/s...1e&threadid=40

Quick Reply: nock points and string loop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.