Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy taker on new Bowtech >

Trophy taker on new Bowtech

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy taker on new Bowtech

Old 03-04-2004, 11:41 PM
CWB

Default Trophy taker on new Bowtech

Thinking about putting a drop away on my new 04 patriot dually. I know the riser is alittle thicker on the 04's. Does the TT have enough left to right adjustment to align the center shot up correctly on the new 04 bowtechs?
Old 03-05-2004, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trophy taker on new Bowtech

I believe the riser is thinner on the 04's. It was one of the reasons I bought an '04 Patriot - they simply felt better.

Fritz
Old 03-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, several folks that shoot the 2004 models, including myself, have had or do have the Trophy Taker on their bows. There is plenty of centershot adjustment.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

CWB,
You are correct, the riser on the 04 Dually is thicker, on mine I was just short of center shot when the shop was setting it up, however I contacted TT and Jerrid is sending me a new windage unit that they are making special for the Bowtechs with the thicker risers, I talked to them on Mon. and the units were supposed to ship on Wed., all TT asks is that you send them back the original windage unit.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:21 PM

Rack love that first post LMAO on the dropzone. i have a 03 patriot tried 4 differant dropaways all have issues and problems.i ended up with the muzzy i get total flecth clearants BUT i'm am 3/8 inch nock high which will be a pain in the butt when it comes to broadhead tune.i'm ready to go back to a plain rest unless i here a miracle on here. forgot to say nice buck Rack.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:13 AM

Actually, the riser is not what is causing the excessive left centershot -- it is how the ran the cams with the cable on centerline and the string groove to the extreme left.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:45 PM

I also noticed that my TT is all the way to the end to get proper center shot. I have the 04 Mighty Mite.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Whatever the cause is for the left center shot adjustment issue, TT has addressed it, as I said before call TT and they will send you a new windage unit. I said the riser was thicker because that's what I was told, probably wrong, but it does seem to be an issue on certain model Bowtechs.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:36 PM

Maybe Im wrong, it sure wouldnt be the first time but I believe the confusion about the riser is not so much that it is thicker or thinner but that the sight widow depth has been increased moving the area of the riser on which the rest mounts further away from center shot.
BD
Old 03-11-2004, 05:59 PM

I believe you are right. The sight window on my 04 Mighty Mite is alot bigger than any other bow have shot. It allows me to see my whole sight scope.

Quick Reply: Trophy taker on new Bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.