Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Carbon arrow Q's >

Carbon arrow Q's

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon arrow Q's

Old 01-05-2002, 09:25 AM

Default Carbon arrow Q's

Anyone have any exeperience with PSE carbon arrows? Durability, etc? How about Game Tracker arrows?

Also, anyone know of a good online archery retailer?
Old 01-05-2002, 09:30 AM

Default RE: Carbon arrow Q's

Not heard any reports on either of those arrows. I shoot gold tip. try these sites for archery retail: www.augustaarchery.com & www.lancasterarchery.com

good shooting

I kill it, I grill it.
Old 01-05-2002, 09:39 AM

Looks like 2 great sites, thanks!
Old 01-05-2002, 09:45 AM

How about Beman Carbon Hunter arrows?
Old 01-05-2002, 10:47 PM

Grindero,

I have shot the Beman ICS Hunters (the black shafts) and liked them a lot. Very smooth finish and quite tough. They make a great hunting shaft. I heard that the camo version had some problems with the finish wearing off or fusing to the insides of targets. Supposedly Beman has improved the camo this year.

The Mouse
Old 01-06-2002, 04:50 AM

I think I'm going to go with Game Tracker arrows...

Time for another post...
Old 01-07-2002, 09:16 AM

I bought a dozen over xmas and I love them, I am getting weight tubes installed as soon as they get here to get them a little more heavy

evan
Old 01-07-2002, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Grindero, You should look into Ping's new line of oversized titanium shafts....

(Inside joke if he's the Grindero I know...)
Old 01-07-2002, 04:31 PM

I started shooting Gametracker this fall, There are so many benifits when switching from alum, to carbon. I usaully only shot carbon/aluminum for competing, ACE's. I decided after a long carbon vs Aluminum debate that it was time I shot carbons for hunting. So bought some Terminator hunters from my work, got 5" feathers , and fletched up a doz.
I am very impressed with them, I can't wait to buy a new compound and shoot them through it. For now I have only shot them through My Coyote recurve and have gained much penetration and lost 80 grains off of my arrow so they are slightly faster. As for toughness any full weaved carbon arrow will whoop any aluminum, Alum/carbon from my own experience.
Good shooting.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->
Old 01-09-2002, 03:51 AM

Ok, I was going to post it in another thread, but will just do it here...

Ok, here's my setup. PSE Team Fitzgerald Nova, set to the max on poundage (prob. around 65), 29" draw length. Gonna go with a TM Hunter rest, and a release loop on the string. Use a TruFire caliper release.

I've decided on Game Tracker Carbon Express 300 arrows, prob. 30" in length (always heard add 1" to DL to get proper arrow length). Gonna stick with my 125 gr. Muzzy 3 blades.

Ok you bow nuts, how's that setup sound?

Quick Reply: Carbon arrow Q's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.