Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Saw my first Bowtech in person today..... >

Saw my first Bowtech in person today.....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Saw my first Bowtech in person today.....

Old 02-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Default Saw my first Bowtech in person today.....

An archery dealer had a booth at the Illinois Deer & Turkey Expo had Bowtechs and Matthews with him. I met Pat(Bowtech Shooter) who offered to let me try out any Bowtech on hand at a bow tryout area. I really have to say after handling and looking them over hard........they really hit me. I honestly have to admit they look great to me, much better in person than on their website. Was looking at a Patriot VFT and Liberty mainly.

Only thing I did wrong was NOT shoot one, but I had nothing to eat all day, little sleep the night before, was tired and at the last minute decided against it.[8D] I was also afraid I might bring one home with me, not ready to spring a surprise like that on the wife yet! Anyway, I honestly have to say its the first bow in a few years that really struck me by its looks and feel. The real test will come when I decide to shoot one.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Saw my first Bowtech in person today.....

I know what you mean. I was all set to buy an Outback until I stumbled across the Bowtechs. I agree that they look a lot better in person. Unlike you, I made the mistake of shooting one. Let us know which one you buy
Old 02-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your darn right coug mag! if you had of shot one it would have been like the lays chip commercial with Mark Messier bet you just can't shoot it once?but even though you never shot it you won't get off that easy. I'll bet you won't be able to get it off your mind now till you buy one hahaha.

nubo
Old 02-28-2004, 09:32 PM

Thats right I saw the bowtechs at a new sports store and I was so impressed I bought one without even shooting it it was a tomkat but it shoots so nice
I am glad I got this instead of a mathews. the first year I took 4 deer
3-does and a 7 point it works great!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's to you on the deer mrpepper and welcome to the forum your really gonna like it here.

nubo
Old 02-28-2004, 10:52 PM

Okay, so WHEN you get your new BowTech, are you gonna change your screen name?
Old 02-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, so WHEN you get your new BowTech, are you gonna change your screen name?
Ha ha ha! Thats if and when I get a new Bowtech, may not be in the cards for this year, got a few things I need to update around home first, or so the wife says. My Martin won't be sold if I did.....so that would take care of the name change. By the way, I did receive a new Bowtech calender that features their lineup so, I can count the months.[8D]
Old 02-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cougar, just start getting your "story" straight now. After shooting the BowTechs, you'll need it.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:45 AM

I saw my first Bow Tech last night in person. Very nice looking bow. The fella did let me shoot it once though. It was not my fit, but it did shoot very nice. Now, I have an Outback, & I could not say it was better nor worse. Of course it was only one shot as well. I don't think you could go wrong with either.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg,

So we're following similar paths here, huh buddy?

You probably made a wise decision not to shoot it, if you know what I mean. I, too, won't get rid of my current bow, so that takes care of the name change as well.

Did you at least draw them?

Quick Reply: Saw my first Bowtech in person today.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.