Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS! >

New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS!

Old 02-26-2004, 06:18 PM

Default New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS!

Okay guys,

Today I put most of the "finishing touches" on my Liberty. Here is what she has on her now...

Copper John Dead Nuts Hunter 3-pin sight
N.A.P. Quick-Tune 3000 Micro Arrow Rest
1/8" Jim Fletcher Tru-Peep (Hunter style)
5-arrow Alpine Soft-Loc Quiver
4" 6oz. Stealth Stabilizer in front
Simms Stabilizer Enhancer is back
Factory BowTech Hush Kit
Simms Virgin Teflon Cable Slide
3 Simms Mini Limb Savers

I have 1 Simms mini-limbsaver on the bottom of the sight's pin guard. I have one on the arrow rest, and the other one is on the quiver!

The arrows are 28.25" GoldTip 3-D Pro 75/95's.

She is almost complete. All I have to do is add the After-burner light for on the sight and the Neet Fleece bow-sling! I have been kicking around the idea of getting the Simms X-Treme Limb Savers (the ones that are attached by the limb-bolts, but they are very expensive and I am not sure it is worth it!

Well, here she is. Notice, no Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter [&:]

Old 02-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS!

Looks good Buck Magnet, except for that black stabilizer and that black sight. [8D]

Mine won't be complete for a few more weeks. Jerry said I won't get my stabilizer until about 4-6 weeks since I'm having it camo dipped. I ended up going with the 4" like you did.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck, just wondering......did you give up on the Trophy Taker? Kinda disapointed, I was hoping you would have gotten it figured out.

On another note, nice looking rig.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Looks good Buck Magnet, except for that black stabilizer and that black sight. [8D]

Mine won't be complete for a few more weeks. Jerry said I won't get my stabilizer until about 4-6 weeks since I'm having it camo dipped. I ended up going with the 4" like you did.

Yeah, they're too shiny. Might scare them deer.

You think we can get you to buy some more stuff?
Old 02-26-2004, 07:48 PM

muzzyman,

Yep, I gave up on the TT! I figured that it wasn't worth it even if I got it fixed. I want a rest that I know I can fix if I bump it out of whack while hunting! It would suck to have a weekend of prime rut hunting ruined by just bumping my rest and not be able to tune it back up!

Mike and Shadow,

Thats not gonna work! I actually like the looks of the black stabilizer and sight! They add a nice contrast

P.S. If it does "spook" deer, I have some camo cloth tape that will fix that problem [8D]
Old 02-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck Magnet:

You have a very nice looking rig there. Should be a very quiet, low recoil setup. I have my Pro 40 Wheely set up with a 6" Stealth in the front, and a shorty Enhancer 2000 in the rear-facing threaded insert.

I have been keeping pretty quiet here of late for various reasons. I have experimented with the Sims NV system on two bows, both of which had moderate recoil, and one of which had more noise than I really thought was good for a hunting bow. In both cases, I really did not think the system did all that much for the noise factor. The recoil was definitely reduced, but not elimated. It was my opinion at the time that neither of these bows matched up with another bow I had at the time in terms of noise and recoil, so I sold them. Now you are thinking about putting the extreme limbsavers on the Liberty. I would imagine that the exteme limbsavers might be more effective than the older NV system, but I still can't imagine that you would notice enough of a difference in a bow as smooth and quiet as a Liberty to make the investment worthwhile. They are quite expensive for what they would do for you, and neither the NV system, nor the Extreme Limbsavers exactly enhance the appearance of the bow. I guess if you wanted to cut recoil to the point where you would be unsure if you actually shot an arrow or not then they might be worth the $$$. It is your money however.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:01 PM

Thanks Joe,

I figured that they would work, probablly alot better than the standard Limb Savers, but that is alot of $$$ for something, and I want to see a dramatic result for that much $$$! I was also reading that they weigh 4.5 oz a piece so that would add another 9 ounces to my bow! The looks aren't great, but I don't care about appearance as long as it is functional! I am probablly gonna pass on them though! I will see what others think, but as of now, it just doesn't seem as thought it is worth that much$$$
Old 02-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty sharp lookin rig Buck I notice you have the same arrow rest as I do on your bow I'm pretty sure you'll like it , It's definetly alot easier to tune ,I think I might try a whisker bisquit for hunting .When everything comes together here for me I'll get you a pic posted of my new battle ship.

nubo
I will also be using the Simm's Enhancer { your idea }
I use a fletcher peep as well
Impact Archery Cosmic sight
Micro tune 3000 arrow rest
P.S.E. 4 arrow quiver {shhhhhhh}
factory hush kit
Stealth 6" stabilizer
Carbon Force 200's for now
Old 02-26-2004, 08:47 PM

nubo,

I had the Quick-Tune 3000 Micro on both my Hoyt MT Sport and my BowTech MightyMite. I love the rest. I just decided this year that I wanted to try a drop-away, and well, that wasn't a big hit with me, so now I am back to ol'faithfull!
Old 02-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the trophy Taker original on my Golden Eagle and it worked flawlessly but after watching your post's I thought I have enough headaches and went and bought the quicktune 3000 I wasn't sure I would like it but I'm happy with it.

nubo

Quick Reply: New Set-up, New Gear, New PICS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.