Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Custom Strings

Old 02-13-2002, 06:35 AM

Default Custom Strings

I have been thinking if getting a Winners Choice String and cables for my CyberTec. Is it worth the investment? Has anyone done this to a CyberTec yet? I noticed my timeing marks finaly moved a little the shop owner said it would after a while.

What does this type of string and cables cost for a CyberTec?

Old 02-13-2002, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Custom Strings

I feel that every Winners Choice string is a good investment and should be installed on every bow.For cost you are going to be looking at just a tad over $100.
Old 02-13-2002, 10:47 AM

do they just stretch less? or do they last longer too?

what are the benefits over say a zebra twist?

John
Old 02-13-2002, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

moparman,

The Zebra strings can't even be compared to these top shelf strings.As far as stretch,there is none.Thats one of the strong selling points of the product,WCs' patented stretching process ensures the string does not stretch.As far as how long they last,...I was use to tearing up a Zebra at least once a year,mainly due to extreme serving wear on the cam end of the harness.Now on the WC stings they use BCYs' patented Halo serving which is garaunteed to never seperate,split,or break during the "usefull lfe of the product". So far I've fired thousands of arrows thru my Q2 and the string and harness still look brand new.These babies are AWESOME.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:09 PM

are their cables any different? or are just the strings better?

John
Old 02-13-2002, 12:41 PM

I went through 3 zebras on my mathews due to cam wear and stretch. One String stretched almost 1 1/2"
Put on Winners choice over a year ago and it still looks like new and ZERO stretch. They are well worth the price.

I think they assemble them stretched or pre-stretch them and that is why they dont stretch. I dont know the material but the serving on them is indestructable.
Old 02-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Just my 2 cents...
WC may be a good string but IMO are overpriced. They use the same materials as available to any stringmaker. It all boils down to the craftsmanship involved. I see so many posts of people raving that their WC strings haven't stretched. Well, I can say that mine don't stretch either. BCY 450 Plus material when properly made in a string doesn't stretch (okay, some will say that they settle in so they must stretch). As I've said before I have nothing against WC, only against what I feel are outrageous prices. I know for a fact that if you do some checking you can find stringmakers who will make a set (string and cable(s)) for almost 1/3 the price of WC and they will last just as long with no stretching. If you want go to www.bcyfibers.com and you can research different materials. They used to have a string comparison chart showing stretch of different materials as well as break strengths. Sorry to go off but I just don't like people feeling they have to pay (again my opinion) high prices for something they should be getting every year.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:56 AM

while that may be true...if you dont know or have a reputable stringmaker around, you are pretty much SOL. WC or something else commercially made is about it.

i am looking for a new string and cable for my mq32. i am seriously looking at WC, but have not done it yet based on $$.

John
Old 02-14-2002, 07:41 AM

I went to the bow shop lastnight and ask about a WC string and Cables he said he could get me the setup two color installed under 100.00. So I think I am going to do it.

Old 02-14-2002, 02:02 PM

a sad day when a set of cables & strings costs 1/6 of the price of the bow.....sorry hell will freeze over before I spend a hundred bucks on cables & strings!

Quick Reply: Custom Strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.