Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Magnetic Levitation Arrow Rest? >

Magnetic Levitation Arrow Rest?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Magnetic Levitation Arrow Rest?

Old 02-25-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Magnetic Levitation Arrow Rest?

I just came back from the Vegas Shoot. I saw the strangest rest. It blew me away. A magnet floated an arrow in the middle of a ring. Once it got to full draw it never touched the rest again. It just hung there. I saw the slow motion video they made of it. It never moved from the center and shot perfectly straight with full clearance. And I do mean full clearance. Has anybody else heard of this yet? What do you think? I have a pic of it but, I was unable to load it.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Magnetic Levitation Arrow Rest?

What kind of insert would you have to have to "float" an arrow in a magnetic circle?

E-mail me the pic of the rest and I'll post it.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I invented this a few years ago. Did a lot of research on magnetic levitation, worked out arrow insert material needed, even imagined arrows with a magnetic weave built in.

Decided I'm an idiot and let it die there. In all likelyhood, this thing will hit big, based on how things usually go for me...

If someone got it to work, very well, the idea is Golden in my opinion... Got a link to a site for the company producing this wonder?
Old 02-26-2004, 11:15 AM

bigbulls; I think it is just a magnet in the point. I will email you the pic so you can post it.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:22 AM

vegasarcher, email to me a [email protected]
Old 02-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a neat idea but if I am understanding the concept correctly there is only a "levitation" for the last inch or two of the arrow (when the bow is at full draw). If that is the case then would there not be the same support issue that comes up with drop aways...timing, etc...?
Old 02-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not in my design...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a bunch of hocus pocus to me. Some voodoo rest from some tribal culture in Africa!

Where is this sport going?
Old 02-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was cruising a few websites the other day and saw something similar. I just blew it off as just another BS idea. I'll try and remember where I saw it.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

If someone has really made this work, it could be a great rest. Fletch contact is an issue of the past. Could be built like a tank to me reliable. No moving parts. Shoot any fletch you want. Full containment. I could go on...

Quick Reply: Magnetic Levitation Arrow Rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.