Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Progress on the MZE installation >

Progress on the MZE installation

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Progress on the MZE installation

Old 02-12-2002, 05:08 PM

Default Progress on the MZE installation

For those of you who have kept us with my posts on my MZE installation, I am still at it. I am just about to where I need to be now. I played with the turnbuckle sleeve and have it set now where I am getting minimal rest/vane contact. There is no contact on the sides of the vanes, only on the very edge. I plan on taking a drummel tool and just touching where I am getting contact. I feel the arm design will still be fully functional even after my slight alteration to it. Right now arrow flight is great, perfect bullet holes on my paper tuning, and tight consistent groups. I still need to chrono my arrow speed to see if it has increased any. Overall, I had to make a fair amount of changes to the rest, but feel they were well worth it.

Jim
Old 02-12-2002, 05:14 PM

Default RE: Progress on the MZE installation

Jim,

Good deal! The ZE is without a doubt a great hunting rest once you get it operational.

Aim Hard!

Edited by - FLHunter on 02/12/2002 18:16:03
Old 02-13-2002, 04:20 AM

Another update...tapered down the rest with a dremel tool. Went back to the range, and I finally have myself a lean, mean, shooting Muzzy machine w/o the annoying vane contact. My arrow speed did not increase any, but I didn't lose any either. I finally can rest easy.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry you've had such a time hooking it up. But I have to tell you, it's the greatest once you get it working. I banged mine around in snow, ice, rain, brush and my car for a year now. It just keeps ticking. Len in MD put mine on for me and had it shooting bullet holes in about 15 min. It's been perfect ever since. There have been a couple minor adjustments necessary with string stretch/replacement adjustments etc.