Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER >

The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Old 02-20-2004, 09:40 PM

Default The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Hey guys,

Tonight I decided to get a new arrow out, and go set-up my camcorder in my basement to catch the Trophy Taker in action when I was shooting. Well, after a few shots I saw that my vanes were still wrinkeling at the edges so I got ticked off.

I transfered that footage onto my computer and watched it at regular speed but it was way to fast to tell. Well, I then slowed the footage down by 1/8th the normal speed and spent 30 minutes rendering that into a new clip.

Well, with the new video in 1/8th the normal speed, the arrow was still moving to fast to tell. So, I took that video and slowed it down by 1/8th of that speed. So, that is 1/64th the normal speed. That means that my arrow should be moving about 4 feet per second in this footage, and I am in the process of rendering that right now.

To tell you all how determined I am, this video clip went from a regular 30 second clip to a 1 hour 18 minute and 25 second clip just by slowing it down.

It is still rendering now, and probablly will be for the next two hours or so! The video is literally going to take 5 gig of memory But hey, I WILL get to the bottom of this [:-]
Old 02-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Seems to be one thing after another for you with that rest. Good luck getting to the bottom of this
Old 02-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

If your as determined when your hunting as you are with this rest there won't be a deer safe in the woods haha.

nubo
Old 02-20-2004, 10:05 PM

BM , I've been following your posts about your problems on your rest.and I had asked my dealer what could be the problem and he told me that he has had problems with the rest and other people have had the same problem.The problem is that the rest is not dropping fast enuff because the bows are spitting the arrows to FAST!! And just like the QUAD drops are having the same Problem I guess. And you know what kind of speeds that the BT gets. So these people have just finally switched to other kinds of dropaways.Now these were the 03 models so they had swtiched to the MZE's. But now the MZE's aren't working well on the 04's due to the riser change on the PATS and the liberty is the same as the PAT(Riser). Thats why I'm putting the APA on my new PAT. I do not know if this helps at all for ya, but I tried.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)[8D]
Old 02-20-2004, 10:15 PM

The problem is that the rest is not dropping fast enuff because the bows are spitting the arrows to FAST!!
I don't think that that is the probem...................

The dually is faster and the dropaways work much better on them

What oh what could it be, that your dealer would not want to tell you

BM - I feel your pain and I am here for you
Old 02-20-2004, 10:25 PM

Rack for one thing the dealer is my brother in law And I was just stating on the problems that his customers were having and when he kept on trying to get it to not make contact he was having problems with them continually then when he had put the MZE's on guess what? no contacts. Some people will have problems others will not.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:29 PM

Rack for one thing the dealer is my brother in law
Now thats cool
Old 02-20-2004, 10:46 PM

Yeah so cool that I can get a good deal on a new bow every year So be it a BOWTECH

Old 02-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have it set where it is coming up too soon it will not work properly.
it must be set where it comes up as close to full draw as you can possibly getfor optimal preformance.

people with short drawlengths also have fletch contact problems
Old 02-21-2004, 12:45 AM

BM

Better hope it not a bottomless pit!!
Do you still have it hooked to the cable slide? I had one on my 03 sc pat, and never got it to clear.
Now it's on my 04 MM and is working so far.;........fishon

Quick Reply: The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.