Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER >

The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Old 02-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Now Rack, what could you be making subtle references to?
Old 02-21-2004, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

BM, good luck with that my friend, but I gotta say...you are ate up! I think you need a vacation(without the bow, of course)
Old 02-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd suggest one swift adjustment with my favorite tool... A big@$$ sledgehammer. It'll take care of the rest in one fell swoop and you'll feel SO much better. [8D]

Oh... I would think it best to take the rest OFF the bow first.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:20 AM

BM, have you ever tried another type of drop away? That could rule out the "arrow is to0 fast" theory. I never had any problems out of with my trophy taker, but then again I wasn't getting the speed you are talking about. Good luck, I feel for ya.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You sure are having a lot of troubles with that rest. Now, if you would have bought a Hoyt, you wouldn't be here right now. Just kidding.

I would be really interested to see that video once you get it done. I slightly remember a picture of your setup and it seems to me you had the cord tied in about the rest on the cable. Did you change that at one point in time?

I had problems when I set mine up, but it was "user error" . It sure is a sweet shooting rest and I am partial to mine now. I hope you get it fixed up.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:40 AM

Now Rack, what could you be making subtle references to?
Who knows PA, just babbling

Its almost time to pull up my old TT post from last year

The one that BM didn't read.............LOL[8D]
Old 02-21-2004, 09:50 AM

jason I think you should change back to old faithful , the quicktune 3000 , thats what I got on my pat

nick
Old 02-21-2004, 10:22 AM

I think that if you take off that bowtech cable slide, put on a sims teflon slide, and serve that power cord on to the downward cable then you'll get it fixed.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:51 AM

Okay guys,

Well, the video quit rendering last night when it errored out so I did it this morning! I just watched it! I actually slowed it down to 1/512th the normal speed. That means that my arrow should be moving at around 1/2 feet per second in the video. Here is what I noticed!

The rest just doesn't drop fast enough! Simple as that! By the time the vanes get to the prongs, they have only dropped a tiny bit and the vanes hit the prongs!

I do have the rest tied into the cable slide! I went into the rest and adjusted the spring so it was set on the fastest drop. Right now, the rest is set to raise to the full position right at the back-wall. This should be the fastest drop possible! I would tie into the down buss cable, but I just don't know if it is worth it! I don't want to tie it in if it is still just going to drop too slow. I just don't see it making too much of a differance.

So, the TT is comming off the bow and the trusty ol N.A.P. QuickTune 3000 Micro is going back on!

Rack, I remember posts about you being frustrated but I figured that you were in the minority considering how many guys are getting theirs to work on the BowTechs! Guess I can join you down in that group of unfortunate people [>:]
Old 02-21-2004, 10:57 AM

All the TT I have seen were tied to down buss cable, seems that would result in a faster drop to me.

Quick Reply: The things I go through for the TROPHY TAKER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.