Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech price policy?? >

Bowtech price policy??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech price policy??

Old 02-10-2004, 09:02 AM
CWB

Default Bowtech price policy??

My dealer has stated that he can not sell Bowtechs under their suggested price range. Which is $679 for a Liberty or Pro 40 Freedom cam. He says that is the lowest he can sell them for without getting in trouble with Bowtech for selling them too cheap. A couple of my buddies and I are looking at buying new Bowtechs, it seems he ought to be able to give us a better deal if we are buying 2-3 new bows at same time? But he says he can't! Is this Bowtech's price policy?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Bowtech price policy??

Is this Bowtech's price policy?
I thinks he is feeding you some nice fresh bull.............[:'(]
Old 02-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

I just ordered a 04' Pat DC and was quoted $600.00 before tax. That's quite a bit less than MSRP I think. I was on another forum and most were paying around 679. The guy I'm buying from say's he's been a Bowtech guy right from the start although he is small and doesn't really stock anything, he also told what his cost was and if the price he told me he pay's is correct he's not making that much.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:20 PM

paid $599 for my Liberty.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Dealers ARE NOT suppose to sell bows UNDER the low suggested retail price,it doesn't matter if you are buying one or five,the price is suppose to be the same.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although I don't know the minimum pricing for the models, BT indeed does have a Suggested Retail Price , and a Minimum Retail Price. The minimum price is there to discourage those dealers who like price gouging bows just so they can make a sale. By setting a minimum each dealer is assured of making a good profit on each bow. IME dealers who like to lowball all the time will complain, but it's a very good way to insure quality dealers will continue to be in an area for years to come. This obviously benefits the manufacturers as well as the end user (us). Of course BowTech is not the only manufacturer to do this, many dealer only lines do.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:24 PM

For a manufacturer to enforce a suggested retail price is an anit-trust violation. Most manufacturers know this and will not admit that they are santioning or cutting off a dealer for not abiding by the MSRP. Rather, they will slow down orders or deliveries or have product out of stock when the particular dealer attempts to order. In otherwords, they will attempt to enforce the MSRP but will do it in such a way as to make it harder to prove a violation of the law. In any event, few retailers or customers have the clout or resources to duke it out with a manufacturer. As a result, many smaller retailers abide their manufacturer's wishes, and we the consumers pay more than we ought to. A number or retailers will frequently try to get around this by selling accessories at a discount. I'd shop around--I'm sure you will find a retailer to cut you a break on accessories or give you a discount for multiple purchases.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I was told the price bottom on Patriots was $669...................

Are my ears full of baloney?

Fritz
Old 02-11-2004, 05:42 AM

I know many manufacturers have a Minimum Advertised Price and a Suggested Retail Price (Suggested, is the key word). They cannot force a dealer to sell at a particular price. Most manufacturers want to sell a lot of bows and don't care too much if dealers have to compete among themselves. Some even allow dealers to compete against other dealers with mailorder sales. Then, there are some manufacturers that will protect dealers as much as they can, with the idea that these dealers will be happier with the product and will "push" them instead of others. I don't know Bowtech's policies, but I'm sure they can't force a particular price on the sale of their bows.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:22 AM

This system sure seems to be a mess. Between price gouging and the dishonesty exhibited by so many pro shops, why would a consumer knowingly subject himself to such? Pretty discouraging!

Quick Reply: Bowtech price policy??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.