Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another PROBLEM with my Liberty!!! >

Another PROBLEM with my Liberty!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another PROBLEM with my Liberty!!!

Old 02-08-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Another PROBLEM with my Liberty!!!

Hey guys,

I was just sitting here looking over my Liberty and I noticed that there are some areas on the string where the serving is seperating, actually, 5 spots.

One spot is about 1/2" below my nock, another spot is about two inches up from the cam on the down buss cable, another spot is on the first bend up from where the cable is attached to the cam, and then, there are two different spots on the string, where it attaches to the cam, (the first and second peg from where it hooks on)

Is anyone else noticing this, and what can I do about it?
Old 02-08-2004, 11:09 AM

Default RE: Another PROBLEM with my Liberty!!!

i would take it to a pro shop and have all of it reserved i have the mighty mite and havent had anyproblems with it knock on wood[&o]
Old 02-08-2004, 01:49 PM

Buck Magnet,
You say another problem. Have you had other issues with your Liberty?
Old 02-08-2004, 02:02 PM

Swamp Dawg,

I thought that I did, but the first "problem" was my fault. I was setting my arrow on my drop away rest and I had the cock vane turned down. Well, I was eyeballing it and I didn't think that I was gonna get clearance for my fletchings. I got all worked up about it until Frank told me to look at it with the drop away raised, well, problem solved!!!!!!

I will be taking it back to the pro-shop as I also have to get something done with my arrow rest, but that is gonna be a whole new post!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:20 PM

BM, you need to hang it up before you get too concerned, you might get things better if you use a wax on the string and quit taking it out in 7 degree weather.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

After really playing with the Liberty and Justice at my shop, it seems to me there is going to be continued problems with serving seperation on these bows. The cables are coming off the wheel and cam at a pretty good angle. More so than I have noticed on other bows.

Buck, I too noticed how close the fletching comes to the cables on the Liberty. Something you really have to pay attention to.

Not trying to burst the "Bowtech Bubble" on here. These are just a couple things among one other issue I had with the bow that turned me away. I am not saying its not an awesome bow, but I just have a lot of nitpicks with it. More so than other bows I've been toying around with.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:39 AM

In General most single cam bows with tend to sepperate servings around the cams. The cams are aggressive to get speed and the accute angle makes for sepperated servings..

Winners choice people did tell me over the phone that their servings won't seperate. They also said if they do, let them know????? I guess that is one reason they get the big bucks for their strings and cables...

Good luck.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

BM,

I believe that your bow probably has the Vapor Trail string and cable on it. Their website says they have a 30 day warranty, however does not say anything about a guarantee on seving separation. It would probably be worth calling them. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/contact.html

Hope this helps.

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 02-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

I would contact Bowtech before contacting VaporTrail... I believe this is an issue that Bowtech would need to address... vs Vaportrail. When you buy a new car and there's something wrong w/ it... you don't contact who built the parts...
Old 02-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I think I agree with KBacon on this BowTech need's to know about this just in case it's a repetetive problem .

nubo

Quick Reply: Another PROBLEM with my Liberty!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.