Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 SIMMS Stabilizer Enhancer!!!!!! Awsome on the Liberty!! >

SIMMS Stabilizer Enhancer!!!!!! Awsome on the Liberty!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

SIMMS Stabilizer Enhancer!!!!!! Awsome on the Liberty!!

Old 02-06-2004, 07:18 PM

Default SIMMS Stabilizer Enhancer!!!!!! Awsome on the Liberty!!

Hey guys,

Tonight I finally picked up a Simms Stabilizer Enhancer and I mounted it in the rear stabilizer mount on my Liberty and I was actually suprised how well it worked. The TINY bit of shock left in the bow disappeared, and it made the very quiet bow even more quiet. I am still waiting for an e-mail from Jerry about custom making a Stealth Stabilizer for me, but whenever we get that all worked out and I get that stabilizer, I don't know what I am going to do! My bow will be in-audible and have no shock at all. How am I gonna tell that I just shot an arrow?? Seriously though, for $15 you just can't beat it.

Just wanted to let you guys know that this Simms Stabilizer Enhancer actually works pretty well by itself!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:31 PM

Default RE: SIMMS Stabilizer Enhancer!!!!!! Awsome on the Liberty!!

Buckmagnet,
I've been using one on my Liberty as well. I originally had it at the end of my X-ring, but was tinkering one day and decided to put it in the rear mount. You are right. It works pretty good. What Kind of custom stealth are you thinking of getting? I am getting the 6" hunter soon.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:38 PM

Swamp,

I talked to Jerry a few weeks ago and was asking him about how short/light he could make a stabilizer and I am pretty sure he said that he could make a 4" 6oz stabilizer, atleast that is what I think. So, if he can make that, I am gonna buy it!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me more about this enhancer. How long is it and how much does it weigh? Are you presently shooting with a stabilizer on the front also? Lastly, I just ordered the Liberty because I wanted an easier draw over my 2003 Patriot S.C. set at 65#. Give me your impressions of the Liberty, Thanks!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:29 PM

http://www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/archery/stabenh.aspx

Yes, I still use a stabilizer on the front. The enhancer gave the bow a little better balance for me and adsorbed more of the vibration. (Very litte to begin with) The Liberty is very smooth drawing. In fact, the smoothest drawing bow I have owned. It feels like you are drawing about 8-10 lbs less than you actually are. Very quiet, forgiving, balances well, solid back wall. I could go on for ever .

Buck Magnet,

Did Jerry quote you a price for this? Do you know how much the 6" weighs? I wish he made them in Mossy Oak Obsession!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:59 PM

Geronimo,

The Stabilizer Enhancer is pretty much just a larger Limb Saver that can be screwed into a stabilizer or the stabilizer hole. Currently, I do not have a stabilizer up front! I am planning on ordering mine tommorow if everything works out. I am really anxious to see how a Stealth will work!

The Liberty has the basic feel of the 03 Pat SC! The grip is slightly improved! The riser on the Liberty has a little more detail into it and the new camoflauge is great looking! The Freedom cam is much nicer than the Infinity cam IMO! The draw force curve has been smoothed out so there is no sudden jar in and out of peak draw weight! The draw cycle is just very fluid and it feels much better drawing. The cam is less aggressive also which I prefer. It doesn't get as much speed, but I can draw more weight on the Liberty than I could on my MightyMite! Right now, my bow is set at 71# and I had my MightyMite set at 63#. The Liberty feels about like the MightyMite did at that draw weight. As far as speed goes, I am shooting 71#, 29.5" draw length, 430 grain arrows, single brass nock, two eliminator buttons, fletcher tru peep, and factory hush kit on the strings, and I am getting 275 f.p.s. With a 405 grain arrow I am getting 281 f.p.s.

Swamp Dawg,

Jerry did quote me on a price the last time I talked to him, but I forgot it The 6" Stealth Hunter weighs 10 ounces. Also, you can order the stabilizer with Mossy Oak Obsession camo, but it is an extra $20. The 6" Stealth is $44.95, so, if you add that camo, it is $64.95, which is still a VERY good price when compared to alot of other stabilizers, especially considering that these are probablly the best stabilizers on the market!
Old 02-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a vibracheck Isolator on my patriot dually and will be putting it on my 2004 version ,{Buck I think you know the story}but anyway's the bow that I have at this moment I was considering the stabilizer enhancer for it do you think that it would work for the patriot dually as well as it does for the liberty.

nubo
Old 02-07-2004, 07:17 AM

nubo, I would say that it would work great with the Pat Dually also. If you have a good stabilizer in the front and the Simms Stabilizer Enhancer in the back, you should have no handshock!

P.S. I talked to Jerry and I will be ordering a 4" Stealth Stabilizer from him! It weighs 6 ounces and costs $54.95 plus $4.95 shipping and handling! I will probablly be ordering it tonight!
Old 02-07-2004, 07:36 AM

Thanks for the info Buck Magnet. Only $10 more for a custom size? That sounds like a pretty good deal. And $20 more for Mossy Oak Obsession. Even better. That gets me thinking real hard about a 5" 8 oz MO Obsession STEALTH .

Old 02-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have one mounted in my rear stabilizer hole as well Jason. I had been playing around with a short mount Enhancer 2000 back there as well as half a PSE NV system unit but found the regular enhancer to work just as well with my regular stabilizer attached up front.

Quick Reply: SIMMS Stabilizer Enhancer!!!!!! Awsome on the Liberty!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.