Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Maybe Mathews' customer service is coming back around !! >

Maybe Mathews' customer service is coming back around !!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Maybe Mathews' customer service is coming back around !!

Old 01-30-2004, 10:13 AM

Default Maybe Mathews' customer service is coming back around !!

I got the first LX in my area last year ! And like some of the first purchasers ...my string stretched and started popping off my roller on the shot. It tore my serving up , but has still been shootable. When we first contacted Mathews ....6 months ago .....they said it was string stretch and not covered under warrenty. Well I got pissed......and even gave a serious look at Bowtechs this year......but as nice as they are.....I still prefer the Mathews line !!!!

But today we called again and ......no problem......their shipping me a new roller guard .......and new strings and cables !!

Maybe after all the bad press this year.......their coming back around !! I may keep this bow after all.......I love everything else about it !!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Maybe Mathews' customer service is coming back around !!

Glad to see it. That is probably the only real complaint I have ever heard (barring envy) regarding Mathews bows. Picking up their customer service level is a step in the right direction.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:36 AM

Thats a plus. I am looking into buying a new bow, and was a little down about mathews service. I really like their bows, but if it breaks, I want it fixed, no questions asked.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:39 PM

In the past Mathews left strings and such, up to the dealer to take care of. With a good dealer you never had any worries. With a poor dealer, you were out of luck. Good competition will usually force better customer service. It means bow companies , in general, are offering better bows and better sevice - this is good.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:01 PM

Sounds like they are finally listening a bit to the people, which said Mathews Service sucked!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:15 PM

Keep on shooting the h*ll out of that mathews. It should last you several years. Getting a new cable roller and strings will make it feel like a brand new bow. At least that's the feeling I got when I got new limbs for my PSE after a small crack.

But hey...we won't tell anyone if you wanna go on and still get a Bowtech. I'm lovin' my Liberty
Old 01-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never been a real big fan of their bows. But if they can start getting their customers more involved and bring us what we are looking for more, I think they could be great. Some of their bows spec wise are great, but there is just always something about that given model that I don't like and it sways me somewhere else. For instance, this years bows. I swear I pulled a rib or something tuggin one back at the shop. If they could smooth em out, they would be a lot better.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:45 PM

I have to second what Muzzyman said about the rib. I pulled back some Mathews bows at the same shop and compared them at the same time to the new bowtech's they had just gotten in that same day., and what a difference, The mathews was much rougher and seemed to break over much harder than the bowtechs did. The Bowtechs were very smooth. But as for the Mathews customer service, one person who worked at this particular shop said one of their reasons for getting the bowtech line this year was because of Mathews bad customer service and also their lack of advancement with their bows.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:48 PM

Eight hunting seasons with my mathews, and I still hav'nt had to tempt their service!
Old 01-31-2004, 07:05 AM

Muzzyman , I am not the best person to explain pre-load .....but the roller guard system causes a more than normal amount ! Most people shooting the newer Mathews aren't checking the poundage . I think the HP cam is very smooth.........and while not as smooth as the Freedom cams ......it's not far off IMO !! But since most of the new Mathews are pulling way over the advertised poundage .....it's hard to tell. My LX will max out at 76# and all others I have seen are hitting 72+ lbs. The Outbacks are the same way !! Drop them to a comfortable range and they're pretty darn smooth......with just a little more hump than the Freedom cam .....to me !! But unknowingly pulling a 75# Outback and then picking up a 70# Liberty would be a night and day difference !!

Quick Reply: Maybe Mathews' customer service is coming back around !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.