Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 hoyt vipertec bowtech liberty help >

hoyt vipertec bowtech liberty help

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hoyt vipertec bowtech liberty help

Old 01-28-2004, 06:23 AM

Default hoyt vipertec bowtech liberty help

i cant choose on what bow a here good from liberty and the vipertec. Same speed same noise same everything help i do think the vipertec is quieter but not by much or at all... i might have to buy both help
Old 01-28-2004, 07:18 AM

Default RE: hoyt vipertec bowtech liberty help

Well, if you can't decide, send me the money and I will decide for you. I'll even be kind enough to set the bow up@

P.S. I do NOT guarentee any return shipping

Seriously though, that is a tough choice. The ViperTec is a heck of a bow, as is the Liberty. What would I get? The Liberty. Why? Because I love mine. It just feels so good to shoot and it is very stable.

One thing that I have no experience with, but I have heard about, is that tuning the Hoyts cam and a half system is a PAIN. Like I said though, I have no personnal experience with this. My friend who helps me tune up my bows was telling me about the problems he had with one of his friends Hoyts.. The thing is that he never had tuned a cam and a half or CPS cam system. He has always tuned single or dual cam bows. He had trouble getting the cams in sync.

The guy who owned the RazorTec actually didn't like the fact that he couldn't tune it by himself, so he sold that and bought a Mathews LX. The guy really liked the bow, but he kept having problems with the strings, mostly due to serving seperation and the string getting beat up by the "string suppressors". He sold that, bought a Pat SC and I guess he fell in love and still has that thing.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, Buckmagnet, we are on different sides of the fence on this one.

I just bought a Vipertec about a month and a half ago and it is still amazing me. When I shopped around, I shot the Vipertec, the Xtec, Bowtech Liberty and a Mathews Legacy. It really came down to the Vipertec and the Liberty as is your predicament. So, I shot them both again. One a vibration level and noise level, hand downs the Vipertec was easily more quiet and vibration free IMO. The Vipertec also balanced better for me. Now balance is a personal issue, what balances for me, wont balance for everyone.

This little bow continues to amaze me. I'm getting very good groups out to 40 yards with this bow. This is surprising given its short ATA. I think the bigger brace helps it out a lot there. IT actually feels like a 33-34" ATA bow.

The Liberty is an excellent bow. In fact, I feel that its the best bow Bowtech produced to date. I almost swung in that direction, but I just like the feel of a Hoyt better.

I personally don't think you can go wrong either way. Both bows speeds are very comparable and specs are close. Both companies have an excellent reputation and good service should you need it.

Take your time and pick what you shoot best.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I almost forgot, tuning problems? Hmm. THis is my first Cam 1/2 Hoyt and it tuned very easily. There isn't anything differently about tuning them than a solo or duelly. Mine has been in perfect time out of the box. Though I will admit the strings Hoyt uses leaves a lot to be desired and they stretched a bit and I'll have to twist them up a tad.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will make my response short and sweet as I have been known to be long winded at times.

Both are extreme "high end" bows in terms of performance, features and price. Though I would be happy wielding either in my hand for any archery application I will say that the Liberty now is my choice for favorite bow so far this year. The only significantly noticeable difference between it and the Vipertec is that the Liberty feels a bit more stable because of the longer riser and subsequent longer axle to axle length.