Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 SuperTec Vs ExtremeVFT ?? >

SuperTec Vs ExtremeVFT ??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

SuperTec Vs ExtremeVFT ??

Old 01-25-2004, 08:52 AM

Default SuperTec Vs ExtremeVFT ??

have not purchased a bow in about 5 years but Iam getting ready to buy a new one. How does the Extreme VFT compare with the Hoyt SuperTec?

thank in advance. 8-))
Old 01-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SuperTec Vs ExtremeVFT ??

I shot both of them last week.

The supertec is real fast and without a stabilizer you notice a little vibration in your hand. We screwed in a doinker and poff vibration was gone. It shoots real nice. The draw force isnt very harsh especially for the speed it puts out.
What I didn't like about it is there is no valley to speak of. If you let it creep at all it wants to tear your arm out of the socket so watch out! If you shoot with good form and back tesion this would be a great bow for you.

I will let some of the Bowtech gurus tell you about the extreme. I may be in the market for this bow as well. good luck.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:19 AM

I havn't shot the SuperTec but I have shot my best friends EX VFT and it is a real sweet shooter. I personally think this bow feels longer than it actually is, plus the draw on his (28" @63#) is very smooth.

You should shoot these two bows, side by side if possible, and see which one fits you best.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like the Supertechs draw characterisics might be more in line w/ one of the Bowtech Duallys. After looking at the specs.. the Supertech is pretty close to the Black Knight as far as I can tell.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a chance to play around with a Supertec last year and have looked at several EX VFT bows since their introduction in 2003. Draw cycle on the Supertec is very comparable to that of the dual cam Patriot I had last year as well. The difference being that you could remove the draw stop on the Supertec's spiral cam and give yourself a bit more valley to play with. The Infinity cam has somewhat of a stiff draw cycle in comparison to many of the cams out there though the valley is a bit wider than what is found on the Supertec's spiral cam.