Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Perfect form?

Old 01-21-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Perfect form?

Is there anybody who could maybe put a picture of the perfect form to shoot with? I am looking to try to improve my form for next year, and I know I am way far from being even good form. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Perfect form?

The answer is no. Everyone is different. I put my feet pointing at an 80 degree angle and lean foreward slightly. The guy that stands next to me had both feet together pointing away from the target. These are some stances to try but you won't know which one to use if you don't try them. There are thousands of different ones, so if you do miss that 10 point buck or lose that big competition, just blame it on the stance.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just remember to do everything the same each time. Learn to shoot like a machine. Every arrow needs to be the same as well as every shot. Consistancy is the name of the game. What ever the foot placement is make sure that you mimick it each time. I even go as far as to mark my hand and bow handle for proper placement when shooting tournaments. There is a video by PSE that I just watched tonight that goes through the motions. It seemed pretty informative and gives you some good tips. The video is about holding steady. Back tension is necessary for the proper shot. Even when shooting a normal release or fingers. When I started shooting back tension my arrows started hitting each other and in the first year of shooting with it, I managed 6 robinhoods. I shoot a scott little goose which is a great release for shooting with back tension. When using back tension you are aiming and holding with the shorter stronger muscles in your back and not the weeker longer muscles in your arms. Your bow arm should actualy be relaxed. To tell what muscles to use , take an arrow and hold it with two hands in front of you, now try to pull the arrow apart, end to end. These are the muscles you should be using not only to aim your bow but to fire it as well. I adjust the little goose very light and the pressure from tightening my back activates the trigger and not my finger pulling back. Follow through is essential to a good shot execution. If you can master back tension I know that you will find that you can hold steadier. Giving you the extra edge that you need. Good luck and if you hit the Idaho State Championships, I hope you can knock me out of the running with back tension.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:54 PM
pup

elk i would say Bernie Pellerite is one of the best archery coaches of all time he has a video 44 form flaws http://www.robinhoodvideos.com/ i woudl say that it is probably one of the best videos on form ever i learned a ton from this man in just the few minuts i talked to him at the IBO worlds but i would highly recomend buying the video, it is worth every cent and it will improve your shooting greatly but i must worn you be prepared to shorten your draw length[]
Old 01-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check the new MARTIN add[:-]
Old 01-22-2004, 02:38 PM

Check the new MARTIN add

That is a great form!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 02:42 PM

I will definitely agree with you guys on that one, that form is amazing. Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with that form though?
Old 01-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, she hasn't shot my bow yet!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:21 PM

you can't have good form without having the bow set at the right draw length.DRAW LENGTH FIRST more time tweaking the draw length than any other step once set than work on the rest if your draw length is good it will be a lot easier to get the rest right.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:30 PM

http://www.arcierimonica.it/Foto_Mig...9-Sequence.jpg

A top shooter, with perfect form.

Check also:

http://www.arcierimonica.it/wbeste.htm

Men and women, compound and recurve.

Quick Reply: Perfect form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.