Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Got the number on my Patriot Infinity Cam >

Got the number on my Patriot Infinity Cam

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got the number on my Patriot Infinity Cam

Old 01-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Got the number on my Patriot Infinity Cam

Just chrono'd the Bowtech Patriot single cam that I got two weeks ago and did my first outdoor range shooting with it. I am very pleased with this bow to say the least.

2004 Patriot with Infinity Cam 70lb 29"D/L
Gold Tip XT7595 with 5" barred shield cut feathers at full left helical (363.7 grains total weight)
Trophy Ridge Drop Zone fall away rest
Copper John Dead Nuts Pro with 5 .019 pins
Sims modular stabilizer with enhancers

It came in at 301, 302, 301, 297 fps for an average around 300fps. It's birth certificate said 311 fps with a 350 grain arrow and 29" draw so this is right on with the factory numbers.

I was also able to consistently shoot 2 inch groups out to 30 yards, and 4 inch groups out to 60! I'm no pro and this is my first new bow in 13 years so anything would have been light years ahead, but this thing seems to make it easy despite my pulled and premature releases. I like it! Mike at Peak Performance in Whitehall, PA set it up and it's shooting great despite no paper tuning as of yet. Plan on fine tuning it in a couple weeks after the break in.

What are you other Patriot shooters out there getting?

Have a good weekend,

Fritz
Old 01-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got the number on my Patriot Infinity Cam

Tht's a bit faster than my 2K2. But how on earth did you get a 75/95 down to 360-some-odd grains?
Old 01-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

They've got a 27" shaft, the inserts that come with the arrows, Gold Tip unibushings and Easton G-Nock, 5" feathers, and 75 grain tip. This set-up gives me a 7.66% FOC, which I guess is still in the recommended range. These Tru-Flight feathers only weigh 10 grains for all 3, so I saved some there. A 100 grain tip would give me a 10.2% FOC, but I've been hunting with 75 grain Muzzys and wouldn't mind sticking to at least another 75 grain head.

Fritz
Old 01-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mrfritz44

They've got a 27" shaft, the inserts that come with the arrows, Gold Tip unibushings and Easton G-Nock, 5" feathers, and 75 grain tip. This set-up gives me a 7.66% FOC, which I guess is still in the recommended range. These Tru-Flight feathers only weigh 10 grains for all 3, so I saved some there. A 100 grain tip would give me a 10.2% FOC, but I've been hunting with 75 grain Muzzys and wouldn't mind sticking to at least another 75 grain head.

Fritz
Fritz,

I see..very light point. Personally I don't care for a FOC that low (I prefer 10% plus), but if you are getting good groups w/ your broadheads then that is all that counts.

BTW..that's some impressive shooting
Old 01-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

So you'd recommend moving up to 100 grain heads and the 10.2% FOC? All this is science of arrows is relatively new to me as I had never given it much thought. I couldn't tell you if I'm getting good broadhead flight since I haven't shot them yet - field points only.

As for the shooting, this bow is making it very easy to do this. The back wall is identical every time (something I didn't have with the Hoyt ProVanatage Hunter where the draw could vary greatly depending on form). This new drop away rest is also helping since fletching clearance means nothing any more. I'd like to think the time I spent getting these arrows to within a 10th of a grain also has something to do with it, but I doubt that tolerances that small matter at these ranges. It was more something to pass some of this winter off time.

Fritz
Old 01-18-2004, 09:25 PM

Fritz,,,thank you for being so well thought out and prepaired with correct arrow weights and measures!! Many people could do well to do as you do and take the time to get the facts straight before posting your findings. The wife's Patriot VFT is one VERY quiet bow and fast at her 26 inch draw length, she's very happy[8D]
Good luck with your bow!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

So you'd recommend moving up to 100 grain heads and the 10.2% FOC? All this is science of arrows is relatively new to me as I had never given it much thought. I couldn't tell you if I'm getting good broadhead flight since I haven't shot them yet - field points only.
...and I think that is going to be the critical test. If you get good, consistant groups with broadheads then I, too, would not worry about the FOC. However, if you do see poor or inconsistant groupings with broadheads then you may want to experiment with th 100 grain Muzzys.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

PABowhntr:
then you may want to experiment with th 100 grain Muzzys.
That's a typo. He meant "100 grain Magnus Stingers". Sounds like you've got your bow, and yourself, shooting very well. Good luck with it.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fritz, what's on your string?
Old 01-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Currently, its got from the factory:

Two "squid" silencers
Accelerator button at bottom

It also has:

The pro-shop guy put on a braided serving and sewd the nocking point into it. The heaviest thing is the string loop.

Using a Lil-Goose release.
Factory cable slide (I plan to replace for better feather clearance).
Two additional squids on the cables.

Pretty much factory stuff so far.

Thanks,

Fritz

Quick Reply: Got the number on my Patriot Infinity Cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.