Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cold weather

Old 01-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default cold weather

does extream cold weather have any effect on the performance of a bow or is it hard on any of the components? I want to go out and shoot a few arrows but dont want to hurt anything. THanks for the help
Old 01-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cold weather

wv,
It's just a guess, but I think it would take some pretty cold weather to seriously endanger your bow.......probably much colder than you would want to be standing in shooting an arrow.[:-]
Todays bows are pretty tough pieces of equipment.
I shot 3D on Sunday and the temperature never hit double digits. That's cold, and I didn't even think about it having any ill effects on my bow, and it didn't. It shot great.
There are guys who hunt Musk Ox in temps like 8 million degrees below zero and their bows still perform just fine.......you should be ok to shoot as much as you like in any weather you'd feel comfy shooting in.
I would bet you'll die of exposure before your bow will.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cold weather

I have heard after a bow get some age to it, they tend to make a creeking sound. Don't know if its the limbs causing this, or parts of the eccentric system. But like Matt said, it would take an awefully cold day to have any effects on your bow.

Come to think of it. I wonder what would happen if it rained and froze a coating on your bow and you shot it? Probably make a hell of a racket, but would that damage it ?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]