Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice? >

Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

Old 01-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

I was interested in CBM SC response, but too impatient to wait. So, I pulled a search and it looks like he's shooting an LX.
After reading some of his recent post, the drool escaping my mouth and urgency to shoot (possibly buy) a new bow has diminished some.

About the ranch issue, ignorant yes, but better than the NO mechanicals rule most of them have.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:27 PM
BB9

Walks with a gimp, Please don't keep talking about how your wife pulls 60 lbs. I am starting to get a complex!!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:12 AM

BB9, the wife CAN pull a 61/ 29 inch Liberty but she shoots her new Pat VFT at 55 pounds and 26 inch draw (actual draw is 26 1/16 inches AMO at 80% letoff). The arrow that tripped the chrono at 280 fps weighed 302 grains. It also shot a 353 grain arrow at 261 fps and a 458.4 grainer at 227 fps. She says that her new Pat VFT is smoother than her '02 Tec 29 and I can see that in the way she draws it back. With her Tec 29 there is a little hesitation in the last 2 or 3 inches of her draw. With the new Pat, her draw "speed" is constant all the way back to anchor with no hesitations. Good luck with your's
Old 01-13-2004, 05:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would probably go with the Patriot set up given the two choices (without having shot one)! There just wasn't a big enough difference in FDC to me.....but to each there own !! Good Luck !!
CBM,

What are your thoughts on a comparison between brace heights on those two bows? They are relatively close but the Patriot's is a tad shorter. Would that affect your choice?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:02 AM

Sorry to leave ya'll hangin' ........got tied up working on my house yesterday !!

Yes I have a LX , but didn't want to start any Mathews versus Bowtech debate !!

I really liked the new Bowtechs , but without being able to shoot one(no range at the store)...... I didn't feel they offered (me) anything to get rid of my LX for........except a standard cable guard !!
My only gripes were.......The grip is so narrow and different from any I have used before that it would be a hard change for me and some of the bows I looked at had white spots in the camo !

Pa, The brace height wouldn't bother me ......I pretty much feel bh is overrated anyway(when considering experienced archers) !
The 2 bows weigh the same, balance the same, are the same size, and draw relatively close ........so IMO a 60# Pat. would have to be easier to draw and hold over a 70# Lib. ...........while delivering comparable speed !!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rangeball, I've shot the 04 BowTechs. I bought a 70# Liberty because it is the first bow I could shoot without straining at 70# (back probs). I think the F cam will be easier to draw back slowly and smoothly when need be. There isn't that hump to pull through right before the valley. I was deciding between the Liberty and Patriot single. I was considering a 70# Liberty or 60# Pat. I think the Liberty at 70# will be as fast as a Pat at 60#, shooting the same 375 gr arrow. Maybe faster. I'm also interested in a Justice or Mighty Mite. I tried both of those in 70# and, the Justice was noticeably easier to draw. But the MM is noticeably faster. For my intended use of a short bow, I'm leaning toward a 60# Justice. But I'll wait until I shoot a 60# MM. Am I making any sense?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lot's of good info.

Phil, made sense to me, you seem to be as confused about which direction to head as I am
Old 01-13-2004, 11:22 AM

I hear ya' Range I wish there was a "BowTech buyer's club"!!!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Walks, just for clarification on your wife's SC Pat-

302 grain arrow, 26" draw length at 60#s draw weight, chronoed speed of 280 fps, right?

What if anything was on the bowstring? I'm assuming this isa 50-60# bow, right?
Old 01-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Did you guy's notice a big diff. in noise between the two? I'm also considering a new one and from what I've read so far they are both going to draw a whole lot smoother than my 02 MM, noise is a pretty big issue for me, I'm going to try and shoot them myself this week but the only dealer around only has a Pat DC,I wonder how mucher louder that is than the singles, I guess I'll have to do some driving to find the Pat SC and Liberty to try, but my wife tells me I'm deaf as a stump and we all know deer are not ,so your impressions would sure help.

Quick Reply: Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.