Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE - the Beast

Old 02-08-2002, 02:55 PM

Default PSE - the Beast

Opinions please. Looking for an entry-level package at the local shop.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:13 PM

Default RE: PSE - the Beast

The Beast is an excellent entry level bow that has pretty good speed and is forgiving. I feel it is alot better than the Nova series with its Synergy cams. The one cam Beast is also better than the Nova Arson cam in my opinion. Which one are you looking at? The synergy cams are really a quick cam for having the forgiving type qualities that it has. The draw stops feel really good and give you an awesome wall to shoot off of.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:46 PM

My brother bought a Beast a couple seasons ago and he is happy with it. It seems to be a solid bow, but with no frills. The fit and finish are not as nice as the more expensive bows, but hey, it is pretty inexpensive: you can dress it up using nice accessories with the money you save.

The Mouse
Old 02-08-2002, 09:54 PM

The camo finish is the same as the higher end bows. The competition colors are what is different. Where they make up the cost is they don't spend alot of time milling out pretty little holes in the riser for looks and weight reduction. The limbs and cams are the same as the higher priced bows.
Old 02-09-2002, 06:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

You will get a "two thumbs up" vote from me as well for the Beast package...specifically with the Synergy "Pro" cams. They have a back wall that is almost exactly like a single cam. Solid....and the draw cycle is relatively smooth. A great bow for beginners and intermediate shooters alike.
Old 02-10-2002, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

Great bow regardless of price. great for hunting.