Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!! >

Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!

Old 02-08-2002, 11:58 AM

Default Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!

What is the holdup Geesh.. I dont intend on purchasing a BowTech or a Mathews but they could get the 02 line up on the web. I would hope that they understand the fact that 54% of the US in on the web now GET WITH IT!!! I saw my bow on line before I purchased it. Any one else do this or am I the only HighTec Redneck here?

Edited by - grndzer on 02/08/2002 13:18:32
Old 02-08-2002, 12:52 PM

Default RE: Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!

They are so consistent about this they either want the buzz, or they want you to go to your local shop. Supporting the dealer network is a big issue. Why hold an AMO show, and have a dealer network if everyone just looks at the web.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed. There is no excuse for the delay. I have no local dealer, and since I'm not one, I can't get in the show... I especially love companies that advertise in magazines and refer you to their un-updated website for more info on the advertised product, which of course isn't on it yet... stupid business practice...
Old 02-08-2002, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am with the rest why spend a fortune advertising in magazines and put up the web address for further info when the web site is out dated.
I would like to see the specs of different bows before I go to a pro shop and look at them and test fire them.
In other words let my fingers do the walking instead of driving all over the place to see different bows.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:36 PM

Aaaa! Some sanity in an insane world! I should hit them up for a webmaster job they obviously have an opening!

You can support you dealers and still have an up to date website IE: HOYT! I have no intention of going in to a bow shop not knowing the first thing about the product I am looking at. I do research!

Old 02-08-2002, 04:15 PM

I could not agree more with the trend of this thread; I "peruse the menu" online well before I visit the local pro shop. This presents me with a far greater potential selection than the brands available locally. Actually, my most recent 2 bows have been purchased online (from a dealer) since my local shop is not an agent and is unable/unwilling to meet my needs. The Web is where I do my research.Just my 0.02.
Mark
Old 02-08-2002, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I THINK MATHEWS & BOWTECH ARE WELL AWARE OF WHAT THEY'RE DOING.FOR THOSE "CHOMPING AT THE BIT" THEY ARE TRYING TO GET YOU TO SHOOT THE BOW THEN--"THEY GOT YOU!"
Old 02-08-2002, 08:06 PM

I couldnt find any info current on there products, So I got a Hoyt bow that I could see online. I am sure im not the only 600.00 they lost.

The point is I am a % of there customers base and more and more people rely on information they gain online to make a smart choice.

I am not prepared to drive 30min just to look at a mathews. When I can go to www.hoytusa.com and see all there 02 bows right now. Go to the bow shop and ask informed questions.

Ok, I vented !! You may disagree with me but you know its true, Why do you come to this board? Seeking information?

Old 02-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

On average it takes me 6 months of lookin around before I narrow the players down to a couple. From there I shoot and from there I pick. I keep a bow for at least 3 years before I even start looking again. Take your time and pick the best bow you can afford for you at the time. I want a Patriot as well but I'm not gonna buy one till I hear a few people say they're all they're supposed to be and I shoot one to prove it. Until then I shoot what I've got cause it was pretty damn good when I bought it.

Cargo

Cargo
Old 02-09-2002, 08:09 AM

some companies still few the web as the last thing to update when they have new product lines. I used to be a web designer, some people spend a ton upfront on catalogs, advertising, etc. & finally they end up fixing web sites. it's just the nature of the game of business.

Quick Reply: Mathews, BowTech ..........Need Webmasters!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.