Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String loop keeps rotating >

String loop keeps rotating

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String loop keeps rotating

Old 01-04-2004, 05:57 PM

Default String loop keeps rotating

After I shoot several shots, say 20. My stringloop starts to rotate for some reason and causes my peep start twisting out of alignment. I have Zebra twist string, so i know the peep is in the center of the string and if I rotate the string loop back inline with the peep then I have no problems until 20 shots later when I have to line the two up again. I use a TruBall rackmaster loopmaster for my release. Any ideas?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String loop keeps rotating

I had the same problem. I looped a piece of serving material around the base of the loop and wound it around the serving on the top and the bottom. I started doing this last year and it seems to hold up good. Wind it in the direction so that the serving material pulls the string in the proper direction when you pull back on the string. When it came down to the moment of truth, my peep was right there. Man them elk steaks taste good. For some reason whatever I am doing when I train my string it never seems to line up my peep. So, I started cheating.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:20 PM

If i were you, i would head on down to your local Sporting Goods Store and talk to them fellers down there, thats what i did and when came down to the moment a truth, well i guess you could say, man them elk steaks taste good...

Good luck this season boys!
Old 01-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Serve the loop in, No. 2 end serving works well or you can use waxed floss. I serve both the bottom and top knots of the string loop in. It won't move after that.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:33 PM

or you can do that