Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Easton ST AXIS: VERY IMPRESSIVE >

Easton ST AXIS: VERY IMPRESSIVE

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton ST AXIS: VERY IMPRESSIVE

Old 12-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Easton ST AXIS: VERY IMPRESSIVE

Jeff.

Your making it hard for me not to go and get some of these arrows.[:-][]
Old 12-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck on getting Easton to tell you the id.I called and asked about the id of kinetic II's one time and was told they couldn't release that info because of other companies making bushings for them.Seems a bit rediculous because all they would have to do is measure one.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

my grippers are "stretched out" a bit from having larger shafts in them.
Reminds me of a girl I knew in college...

Old 12-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Range I think I knew that girl........[:-]

I couldn't decide between that response and

Hey Range I think you knew my ex......
Old 01-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need help getting that subscription offer.
I can't seem to find that magazine in my area.
Is that a nationwide publication?
Old 01-01-2004, 08:20 PM

I can't find any information either.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:31 AM
BB9

JeffB, Great information. I am planning on going with those shafts this year and am switching from mechanical to fixed blade and heard lots of good things about the razorback. I am torn between those and the Rocky Mountain Titanium 100's which I have also heard are VERY good and fly really straight. Do you or anyone else know how much difference the spinning heads of the Razorback would have as far as accuracy or KE as a result of the shafts continuing to spin once the animal is hit?
Thanks.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

3 of the full length shafts had a bit of wobble on one end or the other...
Jeff, I've been following this thread with a great deal of interest. Unfortunately, your observation above knocks these Axis arrows out of my consideration. But I'm still interested in how they hold up over time and use. You never know... maybe... perhaps... someday they might get it through their thick skulls that not everyone gets to cut the bad stuff off their raw shafts and they'll start making the $#@! things straight all the way to the ends!
Old 01-02-2004, 01:49 PM

Does anybody know how to get the subscription, I can't find this deal anywhere. Please help!
Old 01-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BB9

JeffB, Great information. I am planning on going with those shafts this year and am switching from mechanical to fixed blade and heard lots of good things about the razorback. I am torn between those and the Rocky Mountain Titanium 100's which I have also heard are VERY good and fly really straight. Do you or anyone else know how much difference the spinning heads of the Razorback would have as far as accuracy or KE as a result of the shafts continuing to spin once the animal is hit?
Thanks.
BB9,

I think you couldn't do any wrong with either head. I've shot the RM Ironheads & the Ti-100 (same design, just steel vs. titanium), and they are tough, accurate and scary sharp. I sent a few to Orion's Bow a few years ago, perhpas he will see this and jump in. He liked 'em so much I believe he ended up on the RM Advisory Staff

I've found the Razorback to be very accurate, pretty stout,and easy to re-sharpen. I have not taken any game with them yet however. I believe our own 5-Shot tested the revised versions and they did quite well. I'm not sure about all that hullabaloo about spinning inside the animal..the original Razorbacks also touted the same benefit, yet Thunderheads (which did not have the rotating blade catridge) drove them to extinction in the NAP line.

I purchased them because I like the "specs" of the head, and was witness to some very impressive longer range groups using them out of a bow that supposedly has horrible nock travel and shouldn't shoot them so well. Didn't seem to matter, even at 280 some-odd FPS. The Razorbacks yielded groups just as tight as the NAP Scorpions that were being tested too.

Quick Reply: Easton ST AXIS: VERY IMPRESSIVE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.