Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 need help............idler wheel question >

need help............idler wheel question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need help............idler wheel question

Old 12-06-2003, 08:55 PM

Default need help............idler wheel question

i have a browning tornado bow.

draw is 27
56 pound

every time i pull back my idler wheel leans to the right,every time i let off the string it goes back like it it is suppossed to.it shoots fine.and i noticed a little wear on the string close to the idler wheel.is idler wheel lean normal.when i hold the bow in the air towards the light i can see a little gap in between the seal or bearing where the idler turns at.is there a bad part gone bad or is this normal for a single cam bow.thanks.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: need help............idler wheel question

Well if you have never dry fired it to bend the axle then it's most likley the two strands from the yolk. They attach to the outside of your upper limb and need to be two different lengths to keep even pressure on both sides of the limb. If you are right handed and looking at the bow as if you were shooting it then the strand that is on the right needs to be a tad shorter than the strand on the left. This is because when the harness is pulled to the right to go around the cable guard it will put slack in the right hand strand, so that side must be a little shorter than the left.

If it is leaning to the right and you are right handed then it might be too short. It could also be just a worn bushing.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:51 PM

Bobcat, after reading your post i decided to check it out on my Browning Ambush. I drew it back and what do you know it does the exact thing you are talking about. I never even payed any attention or noticed it before...hmmm...maybe all Brownings do it or maybe something is wrong with the bows. Has me wondering now, guess I'll have to check into it some more.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

What bigbulls said, IF you can see the end of the limb is twisted. Twist the side of the yoke that's on the opposite side of the direction the wheel is leaning and equalize the pull on both sides of the limb. If the end of the limb looks like it's pulling back square and true, it's probably a bushing or spacer problem. And it wouldn't hurt to pull the axle to see if it's bent.