Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 extreme limbsaver system >

extreme limbsaver system

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

extreme limbsaver system

Old 11-27-2003, 04:43 AM

Default extreme limbsaver system

has anybody tried limbsavers new extreme limbsaver system that fits onto the limb bolts?[:-]
Old 11-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: extreme limbsaver system

It is essentially the same as the NV system that Sims sold to PSE. From what I have heard others say, they work awesome.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not used the Extreme Limbsaver system, but I did use the NV system on a few bows. I really think their effectiveness depends on the bow you are using them on. I tried the NV system on two Darton bows that were excellent shooters, but were a bit noisy, and had more recoil than I wanted. On the Maverick, they worked well to cut recoil. The bow still had some noise, but it was not too bad, especially when it was shot outside. The Maverick never did have a problem with vibration, it just had a solid thunk. On the Mountain 2000, the difference in recoil was also noticeable, and the vibration, which this bow did have, was also reduced. The Mountain was still noisier than I liked, even after putting limb savers, string leeches, NV system, and silicone caulk in and around the limb pockets. My impression from these two bow was that the NV system was much more effective at cutting recoil than noise. I still think that the regular limb savers (that you install on the limbs themselves) are the most effective Sims product. I have put them on over a dozen bows, and almost all of them seem to improve with Limb Savers.

That said, with the quality and effectiveness of all of the Sims products seems to be excellent. If the Extreme Limbsavers are cosidered an upgrade from the NV system, they probably work very well.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:32 AM

thanks for the reply guy,s I live in Australia and shoot a 03 razortec.I like limbsaver products I use most of them.and I was wondering if anybody has tested them befofe I import them to Australia through cabela,s
Old 11-29-2003, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

I' ve used both the NV and the Extreme Limb saver. While they were on different bows, the ELS definitely had a more noticeable before and after difference. I don' t know why this would be he case, but it did seem to work better.